Friday, May 24, 2013

See You Soon Lee's

 I love an excuse to make cake these days. Edwin's signature soft drink is Dr Pepper...naturally I was excited to make this cake. The cake was made with Dr Pepper in the batter, along with the icing. I also made a Dr. Pepper syrup and drizzled it over the entire cake before I covered it in chocolate fondant. YUM!
 I feel like I've said it a bazillion times but I'll say it again..we are going to miss this family!! The kids love playing together and Caitlin has become one of my best friends (and running buddies). Matt is taking over a lot of what Edwin was doing for his PhD work. Edwin has been a great friend and tutor to Matt. Thankfully, they are just moving to Denver and we head that way SO often. Instead of goodbye we are just saying, see you soon to some great friends. 




No comments: