Thursday, May 23, 2013

December 2012 Holiday fun

I love the Christmas Season! We did so many fun things and I crafted my little heart out. Just to name a few fun things: Elf on the Shelf, Christmas cards, ward nativity (Lily played an angel), gingerbread house, Polar Express train ride in OKC, snow globe party, snowman pillow friends, Family home evenings learning about the nativity, Christmas books and movies (the Grinch was a big hit with both kids), lots of Christmas treats, lots of egg nog. This year I made all homemade ornaments, homemade stick horses and hooded towels for the kids. With Sandy's help, I made some chalk boards for the kids. 
 Weekly Facetime chat with Grandma and Grandpa Mitchell
 Our beloved house elf Fredrick. He did some pretty silly things at our house. 
 Lily with Santa at the Ward Christmas party
 Mom's big helper
 Ready for cold weather
 Looking at cowboy hats to go with the stick horses. A little too pricy. 
 This is going to be a tradition every year. I can imagine, in the future, gingerbread house competitions in our family. Lily and I LOVED building this. Levi loved eating the candy. 
 POLAR EXPRESS
 We love the Polar Express movie and couldn't pass up the chance to go for a Polar Express ride in OKC. We went with the Lee family and had a great time. The only bummer parts about it was...Lily had to go pee 95% of the ride. I felt so bad for her. Levi didn't want to sit down at all. You could easily compare him to  a wild banchy that day. They read the Polar Express story over the intercom. There was a cute man dressed up like the Tom Hanks character.  The experience was festive and I would do it again.


 We love the Lee family. Our kids prefer Edwin and Caitlin to us. :)




We were excited to spend this Christmas at home in Oklahoma but our plans changed December 14th. We found out that Matt's dad was in a powered parachute accident while hunting in Montana. Thank heavens he is recovering and doing better. We decided to make the trip out west to spend time with his family and help out any way we could.  It was good to be there and see all the miracles that happened with that accident. I know that Heavenly Father was watching over Sandy the entire time. I'm so thankful for prayer and family. 

No comments: