The Friday night before Easter, we had our ward Easter egg hunt and dinner party.
March 30th: Egg Hunt #2 Saturday morning in our back yard. The Easter bunny was so good to us!
I over booked my birthday. I wanted to walk Boomer so I could eat more on Easter and my birthday. Remember we were in the weight loss competition at the time :). Every calorie counts. Haha. Matt is always so great on my birthday. He got my an IPOD SHUFFLE. I've already used it so much. It's so convient and makes such a big difference when I'm running. Lily and I went the next week and got our hair done as part of my birthday gift. That night we also colored eggs. What a day!
Easter Sunday is really the best part of the celebrations. I'm so glad I was able to teach Sharing time that week. I got to do the lesson with the resurrection eggs. We had such good conversation about the Savior. I learned so much from the teachers and kids. It's funny how a simple primary lesson can give you a deeper love and appreciation for Jesus Christ. I'm so thankful for Him and His sacrifice for me. Perfect Easter Sunday.
Sunday afternoon we had a delicious Easter dinner with the Monson's and the Folsom's. Such good company and yummy food. Matt and I need to get better and playing Rook!
I bet you didn't know that Matt has some acting experience to add to his resume. Our ward put on a "Walk with Christ" production complete with sets and actors. So much work went into the presentation and it was outstanding. Matt played the Roman Centurion who crucified Jesus. His character talked about how he was just taking orders when he helped crucify Jesus. He could tell that Jesus was no ordinary man. Matt did a great job and his costume was fantastically made by my friend Natalie Austin. This picture is missing the shield she made to go with. Though I don't see acting being a big part of Matt's future, deep down, he had fun playing the part.
| Matt and Jason Kennedy before they went on stage |



No comments:
Post a Comment