I thought that our packing, moving and cleaning went really well. We had so much help from Rachel, Ryan and Cathy and Matt's parents. I don't know how we could have gotten it all done without their help with the kids. Friday night, after a long day of cleaning, we spent the night at Matt's parent's house. After the kids went to bed we finished a little packing. We were able to fit all our food storage in the pick up which I consider a miracle. We just took a Uhaul trailer and whatever we could get in the pick up and car. We left some big things behind. I am so glad that we were able to get as much as we did in.
The goodbyes were really hard. Friday night we had a tearful goodbye to Ryan and Cathy. I had a major headache from crying. Saturday morning leaving Sandy and Linda was really hard. I had to force the tears away so I could drive without a headache. We are really going to miss having our family around. Anyway the first day drive was pretty good. The drive from Rexburg to SLC seemed really fast.
We stopped for lunch in SLC with our college friends the Mongomery's. Nick graduated with Matt and we were really good friends with them before Levi was born. It was so nice to see them again. The kids did really well for how long we were in the car that day. Getting to my parents house was really great. They loved spending time with the kids. This is a picture just from the IPod of Levi. He loved to rearrange Grandpa's DVDs. This isn't even his best work. Grandma and Grandpa spoiled them with Dora and Toy Story 3 toys and movies. Lily is still in love with her Dora.
We got to go to church in Rifle. I was told that I look like blonde Jayne. What a compliment for me :). Sunday was actually my parent's 30th wedding anniversary. They made us a really yummy stake and shrimp dinner. I'm actually craving more shrimp salad right now. It was so yummy. We had such a fun time there as always.Monday we drove from Rifle to Hays, Kansas. The drive from Rifle to Denver was the worst for me. We had a quick stop in Vail, CO and it was beautiful but freezing. There was still some snow and it was snowing. I think there is a colder place than Rexburg after all. It was really windy in Kansas. I wasn't a big fan of Hays, Kansas. I'm sure it was a nice town but our hotel was not that awesome and there were wind and thunder storms that night. It just felt kinda crazy because my mind is constantly thinking about the tornadoes that happened the week before. We were all happy to just go to bed that night. We did go swimming. They had a pretty cool water slide and Matt took Lily on it. She didn't love it.
Tuesday we just had a three hundred mile drive to Stillwater. The drive was pleasant. Lily wanted to drive with Matt most of that day. It was just really good to get here and be out of the car. The hotel we stayed in here was AWESOME compared to the first one. Lily is still asking to go back to the hotel. I think she is finally understanding that this is our new home. Matt is pretty much super man. I think you all know what I'm talking about. We moved all our stuff in by ourselves except for the big couch. That means MATT loaded in most of this stuff by himself. I helped quite a bit but Matt was awesome. It is really a lot warmer and humid here than what we are used to. I should have taken a picture of how wet he was after being outside.
I don't think I mentioned that we moved everything in on Wednesday. Thursday (today) we have been putting stuff away. I still have to unload some stuff in the kitchen and put some clothes away. Today we got Lily a twin bed. I'm so glad she won't be sleeping on the floor anymore. The kids are now in the same room together. So far so good. We just have to put Levi down first.
What is our apartment like? Well...it is bigger in some ways than our other apartment. The bathroom in a little smaller but that's cool. The kitchen has WAY less storage. We are going to have to get creative as to where we are going to put our food storage. The apartment complex is nonsmoking. I'm pretty sure the people who lived here before didn't obey that rule. I've been washing stuff down and we have some nice air fresheners. I think the smell is getting better. People really have different standards of clean. It really isn't that bad, I've just been cleaning a little as we go. I really do like the apartment. I will have to show pictures as soon as we are all moved in. We are going to have to invest in mores shorts and sunscreen that's for sure.
The kids seem to be doing great. We are hoping to have a fun day tomorrow with Lily. She could use less TV time and more play time. Stillwater is really green and pretty. We are excited to go to our new ward on Sunday. We found the church. It's a new Stake Center. Things are really great and we feel so blessed. I guess that's all for now. I'll update soon with pictures :)
5 comments:
I'm so glad that you are there and safe. The kids will love ii if you and Matt like it. We sure miss you guys. Can't wait to see you of skyp. The next 2 yrs. will go faster than you think. We sure have enjoyed you guys being so close.
Have a great experience!
Love ya
Oh I was so happy to read this! I'm glad everything went fairly smoothly for you and that you're there safe and sound. Miles asked if we were going to play with Lily today :( It was sad. I'm excited to see pictures whenever you get a chance.
Yay, you made it!! Moving to a new place is such an adventure! Be sure to check out the town's website and see what programs they have for kids, where the parks/pools are, etc. Have fun!!
So glad that things are getting back to normal and that you are getting settled. We are looking forward to coming in a couple weeks and seeing you guys.
Store your food storage under your beds. Or make a coffee table out of it and cover it with a table cloth. You will figure it out. Sorry about the smoke smell...that is no fun at all. We love the citrus air freshener that smells like oranges or lemons. It does really well at eliminating the smells. We love you and are can't wait to hug you! Oh and BTW you will never have to worry about your hair being really straight in humidity...I look like I have an afro non-stop when we are in the humid places we have been. It is great fun! =)
Wow! What a long trip! You go Mitchell's! :) I am glad Lily and Levi did so good for you during the whole moving trip! We sure miss you tons! Sadie asked for Lily the other day...she wanted to play with her! Hopefully we will get to see you when you come back to visit and maybe even if we go there for Orin's Internship! I can't wait to see all of the pictures of your new place and surroundings!
Post a Comment