Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

We had a pretty good Father's day I think. Matt is such an awesome dad and we tried to be nice to him yesterday. Lily and I made this card for him. The sun is made of Lily's fist print and the rays are her fingers. The fire is Lily's finger prints. Lily's foot print is suppose to be a sleeping bag. The white cloud is Levi's hand. He only ate a little bit of paint in the process. Lily and I had so much fun making this for him Friday morning. The entire time we made it we talked about how it was going to be a surprise for Father's Day on Sunday, the day we go to nursery...not tomorrow but the next day. When we finished we put it in a special hiding spot behind the tent on my closet. I had forgotten all about it by the time Matt got home Friday night. As soon as he walked in the door, she ran and brought it out to Matt. She was so excited to give it to him. Matt loves it and she was so cute!

On Father's day we made a yummy hamburger dinner. After dinner, Lily and I made a chocolate cake from scratch for Matt. We also got to Skype with both our parents and Jayne. Both of our parents were traveling last week. My parents helped Sarah and family move to Pocatello. I was pretty sad I didn't get to see Sarah. Matt's parents went to Texas to visit Angie and family before they make there move to North Carolina. Busy week for everyone.

Friday afternoon we were invited to a little girl's birthday party. Matt goes to school here in Oklahoma with a kid that he knew from the Engineering program at BYU-Idaho. They are in the other ward. His wife is actually from Monroe, WA. Their little girl turned two and they threw such a fun party for the little tots. Look in the picture of Levi, there is a bouncy house. Also they had this little pool, sprinklers under the trampoline and more. We didn't bring Lily's swimming suit because we couldn't stay long. We had the missionaries for dinner that night too. It was so hot and I'm glad Lily just jumped in in her clothes. She needed to cool off.
Friday night we had the Sister missionaries over for dinner. Sister Porter is from Sugar City. Saturday morning we went for a walk around Boomer lake, about a mile away from our house. The lake has a three mile loop that we walked. We went pretty early in the morning to beat the heat but it was still HOT. There is a park along the way so the kids were able to play. After Levi's nap and lunch we went to ice cream, sun-screened up and hit the pool. This is a tough life we have here. The pool is so fun to get cooled off and out of the house. Lily is getting so brave. Matt of course stays close to her but she can float all around on one of those noodle things. She even was swimming in deeper parts. Levi still shows little emotion swimming. He has a cough and is getting teeth like crazy. We are up to 5 teeth now. Poor guy.

We had another really great week. I've been getting together with a few girls in the ward twice a week to go running. We run the three miles around boomer lake. My best time is 32 minutes. The girls are really nice and it makes the time go so fast because we just chat the entire time. Matt seems to be doing well in his class. The other day he got 100% on a quiz. Tonight it stormy. Gotta go.

2 comments:

Grandma Mitchell said...

What a cute idea for a card! You such fun things with them Shelley. What cute kids. You're lucky to be able to go swimming every day. It's good for the kids and you guys to.
Love the pictures!
Love, ya

Katie said...

I LOVE Lily's Father's Day picture!! What a great idea Shelley! And I love that she jumped in with her clothes on, haha. Way to run too! You are awesome!