Saturday, June 4, 2011

We are really getting used to the heat around here. The day we left Rexburg it was probably 45 degrees or so. Here is it in the 90's with so much humidity. We are realizing that our utility bill is going to be a lot more than we expected running the AC all the time. We are trying to keep it 75-80 degrees in here. All the window (we only have 3) are on the east side so we get the most sun in them in the morning. Our room is the warmest. Today we bought a curtain from Walmart that is supposed to darken the room. I hope it works well and keeps the hot sun out.

Friday Matt went to campus and got his ID card. Friday night was so fun. There is a park in town that we took Lily to. She had so much fun and was a little cherry when we were done. To cool her (and us) down we went to our apartment swimming pool for the first time. I will take pictures of it soon. The pool is cold but it feels SO good. There are two pools and they are so nice. I think we could get used to living here :) Levi still doesn't know what to think of swimming. He kind of just sits on my lap and splashes occasionally with a blank emotion. Lily on the other hand knows how to work the pools. Pretty sure she's part fish. After we got the kids bathed for the night we went on a walk around the golf course that we live on. There is a walking path that you can go on after golfing hours. Beautiful scenery!

Today I got two house plants, Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 :), and more groceries. We just had a relaxing day for the most part and then went swimming again tonight. Lily had fun playing with another little girl at the pool. We are excited to go to our new ward tomorrow and get to know everyone. No I am still not 100% unpacked. It is getting there. We got to where it is livable and lost interest in finishing the job. I still need to put the rest of the clothes away and one or two kitchen boxes.

Last time I forgot to update on Levi's teeth. On our drive to Colorado I checked his teeth in Price...nothing (I'm talking about the two lower ones that we suspected would come in next). Then I checked again right before Grand Junction and they were there. I really think it was just one that had broken through. If I were going to make the story more interesting...I think the second on came in while we were in Kansas. So Levi's first 4 teeth will have come in in different states. The first top one in Idaho, second in Colorado, third in Kansas and the next one will be here in Oklahoma. I'm sure he's working on it because today and yesterday her was so clingy and a little whiny. I hope they just come in and give him some peace. Pictures coming soon :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

That is so funny about Levi's teeth!! Glad you guys are settling in, enjoy the pool! Like I said, we ONLY go outside if we plan to get wet! Or to buy ice cream, lol.

Orin, Minette and Sadie Packard said...

I am glad you have a pool close to you and that Lily is enjoying it so much! I love Levi's teeth story too! I am so glad you are getting settled in...it sounds like you are all having so much fun! Yay!