Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chicks, Prayers and Time Out

These pictures are from the other day at Tamie's house. They were just from my phone.


Matt asked Lily to say the bedtime prayer last night. This was her prayer "Dear Heavenly Father, thankful for this day. Thankful for the blessums. Thankful for Megamind and watch Megamind special features. Thankful for the blessums, name of Jesus Christ amen." I could not stop laughing at how cute and sincere she is.

Yesterday I finished Danny's mission email binder. I had to print out the last few months of emails and it was next to impossible with both kids at my legs wanting to be held. I was getting slightly frustrated so I told Lily that I needed a time out. I told her I was getting upset so I needed to take a time out so I could feel better. I had her go to the living room for 5 minutes while I was in my room for "time-out." In that time I finished what I was doing. When I came out I told her I was all done with time out. She said "Mom, are you ready to be good?" Oh man I love her. I was ready to be good. I think I need to take time out more often.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Lol!! Who isn't grateful for special features, huh?? She is so funny. Giving myself a timeout every once in a while sounds like a good idea! Genius!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh!! I laughed so hard at this. I'm willing to bet Heavenly Father got a kick out of it too. :)

Familia Martinez said...

Don't you just love when your kids use your own words back on you. At least you know she is listening! =)