So I hate spiders. I'm serious!! Yesterday while I was washing Lily's bottles there was a gigantic hobo spider on the same rug that I was standing on. Gross huh! I was extremely lucky that Matt was home. One time I had to kill a hobo while Matt was at work. That was pretty traumatic. Matt killed the spider last night. If this is not bad enough! Tonight we had another invasion. Again, thankfully Matt was here to protect us. Matt is so wonderful. He went out at 10:00 tonight and bought traps. We now have five or six traps in various locations of the apartmetn. It must be that time of year when these hairy beasts want to come inside the warm apartments. This is a downfall of having an apartment on the first floor. We have never had this problem because we have always lived on the top floor everywhere we have lived. I hope the traps work well.
Tonight Matt got home around 8:00. We went to dinner, for a dive, and then to Walmart and Albertsons. This week the case lot sale is going on at Broulims. I love Broulims. We got a few cases of different food at Broulims. We held off on the cream of chicken and cream of mushroom because we figured it to be 79 cents a can. I didn't think that was a great deal. Cathy told me that they were only 62 cents a can at Walmart. Well, Matt and I found an even better deal tonight at Albertsons. We bought three cases of chicken soup and three cases of mushroom soup. They were only 50 cents a can. I think that was a fairly good deal. Matt said he is going to build me some shelves to put in Lily's room for our food storage. The self we have now is not quite big enough. I am looking forward to the day when we actually have a pantry, rather than a shelf in Lily's room. I can't really complain too much, I have a washer and dryer in this apartment.
We also got our Halloween pumpkin tonight. We are going to carve it the week of Halloween. I love this season!
School has been good this week. I've been pretty busy with homework, presentations and quizzes. I am so thankful it is the weekend. I am looking forward to conference tomorrow and a break from school.
Tuesday night I went to the water aerobics class on campus with my good neighbor and friend Katie. I am really not that great of a swimmer. I didn't think we would be swimming in the deep end. I was wrong. He has a "jog" in the water to the other side of the pool. I don't know how this is even possible. I just swam. We are going to go every Tuesday night. I hope that I will become a better swimmer so I can tell my kids I learned how to swim well when I was 21 years old. Just this summer Matt and I went swimming and he made me swim in the deep end without touching the sides. I surprised myself at how good I did. I know how pathetic that is. I just never really learned how to swim very well. The deep end really use to scare me. I have never even jumped off a diving board. So I want to be a better swimmer.
1 comment:
Your blog is so fun!! And you are going to be an AWESOME swimmer! Good times, good times.
Post a Comment