These first two pictures were taken last on Lily's first day of school. It represents a typical day at our house. These kids could stay outside and play all day...without shoes or pants. They love getting in the pool and swinging on their tummies. When it's time to go in, we just take them strait to the bath tub.
Last week OSU had a Lights On Stillwater event. It was crowded and we were one of the only people with a stroller. It was a bunch of booths giving away free stuff. Glad we went...we even ran into Shawnee. And when you see a cowboy statue with an OSU flag, you must take pictures. We kind of like this school :)
Tuesday evening Matt was invited to go boating with a couple guys in the ward. They did wake surfing and he was all smiles when he was telling me about it.
Tomorrow is the first OSU game of the season. Of course it is a big deal around here. Last night I got a note from Lily's teacher telling parents that students are encouraged to wear game day colors. I love this kind of stuff and I was all set because Lily has a Pistol Pete shirt. I searched high and low for her cowboy shirt and it is no where to be seen. Naturally, this morning after my run I went to Walmart and got her and Levi new shirts and orange ribbon for her hair...because I'm that kind of mom. I thrive off of exciting events, birthdays and holidays. Man, I love these kids. I also picked up some Cars big boy underwear and Pullups. I'm trying to spark some interest in Levi :).
The city has been working in our backyard the past couple days tearing out ALL our trees. They said they need to get to the city easement. I think it is completely extreme but I seem to be the only one that feels that way. I dislike how they had to cut down all the trees...but whatever.
Tonight we went to the Payne County Fair. I love Stillwater. We watched a tractor pull for a half hour, played a free toss game, ate cotton candy and a caramel apple, looked at the animals, quilts, prize winning produce and art. We all enjoyed it! No rides for us this year but perhaps next year.
Other happenings this week...I finished my quilt top for Levi's future big boy bed. It took me forever and I decided to get it quilted. I mailed the quilt to my mother-in-law and she is taking it to her quilt lady. I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out.
I have started going to an institute class for mothers on campus. Levi is so so so active that it almost makes it impossible. I'm concerned he might be overly distracting for others. I think I'm going to give it another couple of tries to see if he'll get used to it. I am loving the time Levi and I get to spend together. This morning I was unmotivated to do my chores so he and I snuggled on the couch and watched Bubbles Guppies and Blues Clues. I can't get enough hugs and snuggles from that kid. Levi is talking more all the time. He loves the ceiling fans in this house. Whenever we are holding him and we are under a fan (usually in the kitchen) he will say "I need one." He is talking about pulling the light switch. His specialties are opening every door, cabinet, fridge and toilet you can imagine. He also loves turning on and off any light switch. This kid is constantly curious about his surroundings which makes it next to impossible to keep him still during church, or any other time that requires sitting. He's a great wiggler. Remember how he loves to open the fridge? I've tried everything to try and keep him out. I get down on his level and firmly tell him that we need to keep the fridge closed. He smiles in my face says "Ok" and kisses my mouth. And then a few minutes later opens the fridge again. Oy. The cuteness makes it all worth it. Those kisses calm me down and I'm going to enjoy every one.
I love Lily coming home from school singing all her little songs. One that she chants around the house is "The cheeta is Velvetta, the cheeta is Velvetta." She also sings "Days of the week (clap clap), days of the week, (clap clap) and so on. It is to the Adam's family song. "There's Sunday and there's Monday..." you get it.
My sister-in-law Cathy is running a half marathon in the morning. She and my brother Ryan have each lost 100 pounds and I am beyond proud of them. I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to run the same race in Jenks this year. Ryan and Cathy are really inspiring...so we'll see.


1 comment:
I love the quilt and I can't wait to see it in person. I think you did a great job on it.
The kids are so sweet in there orange outfits.
Don't worry about Levi, he's just a boy. When he starts school he will calm down. Just have fun with him.
Missed not talking to you tonight.
Have a great week.
Love ya
Post a Comment