September 12th was Matt's ASHRAE picnic that he was in charge of. He did a great job on the food and we had a great turn out. It was exciting for me to meet his advisor's family and get to know more of the people he works with. No wonder why he likes his work so much. He knows some pretty great people.
That weekend we had a BBQ at our house for the first time since we moved here. We should do that more often.
This is a sad picture of two sickies. The week of Sept. 20th, some kind of flu bug came through our house. If I remember correctly, a good portion of our ward came down with it too. It started Sunday with me, Monday with Levi, Wednesday night with Lily and Matt felt lousy in there too. The kids got it the worst. This is a picture of them snuggling on the air mattress in the living room after a long night of Lily sick.
Dad and Levi snuggling at the end of the month. Levi was probably chewing on his fingers. Those last two top molars were little buggers to get in for him. Finally we are done with teething for a while.
At the end of August and beginning of September, the city came in and chopped all our trees down along our back fence. I was so sad about this. I know we are just renting but now the yard looks so much worse.
Other things that I remember from September: Matt went to Lily's school for "Breakfast with a Buddy " They had a great time together. They also went to a Math night and loved that. I went to Parent Teacher conference (it might have been the beginning of Oct). Lily is doing great in school.
Another night in September we had a ward Talent show and I played the accordion. It was fun practicing for it but so scary to play it in front of two wards. I was so nervous during the first couple songs and I made plenty of mistakes...it wasn't so bad toward the end. I'm glad I did it. It's so fun to see everyone's hidden talents.
Part of the reason why I haven't blogged in a while is because things around here have been busy busy. September flew by.
No comments:
Post a Comment