There was so much anticipation leading up to this day. She couldn't have been more excited and I couldn't have been more nervous/skeptical. I love this picture above because she insisted on having her shirt tucked in. I tried so hard to get her to untuck it. I said, "Lily, I won't be able to see the words. You won't be able to see Hello Kitty." She said, "Mom, that's okay. I'll show you the words when I get home." Haha. The first day was so sad leaving her. When I picked her up at 11:30 she was in tears because she didn't want to leave. She is the only child in the entire school that goes home early. The Pre-K students have the option of going half day or full day. Full day lasts until 3:20 and I think that is a crazy long day for a 4-year-old. We are stickin to our half day decision and she is fine with it now.
After the first day, she came home and crashed. So much excitement and fun for a little body.
The first two nights before she went to bed, I helped her pick out her clothes for the next day. I guess I forgot on the third day because Tuesday night, before I went to bed, found this outfit laying on the floor in her room. She picked out her own clothes. Love her!
Other things from this week...Matt also started school. He seems to be okay so far. Levi and I are getting used to having our mornings together. Lots of playing with friends and John Deere quilt top making around here. Saturday we had the Elder's Quorum activity. The original plan was to go boating and swimming at a Lake. The weather didn't look promising so we moved it to the church. That meant that Matt and I had to scramble together some games for the kiddos and adults. It ended up being a really long day for us but the activity turned out great. I also taught Sharing Time today. We learned about keeping the Sabbath Day holy and about the story of the Israelites gathering Manna (Exodus 16:15-31). I love love Primary!

2 comments:
Levi's going to love the time he has with Mom.
Lily looks so excited.
She is the sweetest little girl in the whole world! I love her shirt tucked in, so cute! I just love that little girl, miss you guys so much!!
Post a Comment