Saturday, August 11, 2012

Happy 28th Birthday to Our Super Hero

 If you didn't know, birthdays are a huge deal around our house. We had to make it special for Matt. Lily was super excited...I don't know where she gets it from. :)

Today was a little crazy but it turned out to be great. This morning we woke up to 60 degree weather!! We had to get outside and go on a bike ride before it heated up. We took our usual bike route to Theta Pond. There, we parked our bikes and went on a "nature walk." We met an older couple with their grand daughter feeding bread to the ducks. They were so nice and asked if Lily and Levi would help them feed the ducks. I showed Levi how to throw the bread to the ducks and he sort of caught on. He took the bread and said "Here ducky" and chased it around. Lily threw an entire piece of bread before we had the chance to show her how it works. We chatted with this super duper nice couple and they were so great. The husband was a newly retired professor for OSU in accounting and they were about to head to London for vacation. They asked where we were from and wished Matt well on the rest of his schooling. I want to be super duper awesome like that couple. The bike ride was pleasant and it made me excited for fall weather. 

When we got home Lily and I got to work on Matt's cake and decorations while Matt went to work on fixing a car for someone. Then...I noticed on facebook that my friend Micah was selling her treadmill for a good deal. Naturally, I made Matt take a break and we went and got it. I'm overly excited because I've been wanting a treadmill so badly. I'm kind of a chicken running outside by myself. My favorite is to run the lake with a friend. The only problem is if they can't go, I don't go either. It will be nice to run whenever I want. Horray. Matt had to take it a part to get it into the office. It was no small task...especially because he had to go buy some tools...I love him! 


 This was our dinner tonight. I post it just because chicken pot pie is one of Matt's favs (I think) and I have only made it twice. It was a hit with Lily and Matt. Levi is usually my better eater with new things but wasn't so into this meal..weird. 
 Party time :) 

 I found this cake on Pinterest and it is the fattiest cake I have ever made...easily. It is an Oreo cake and I made it because Matt is an Oreo fan. We never buy them of course but I know that he likes time. The recipe has a cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, 4 eggs, 1 cup oil, 2 cups chocolate chips. Do you feel sick just reading those ingredients. The frosting is just as bad...butter, sugar and 25 chopped Oreos. The recipe is here. It was delicious/rich. We are going to freeze it and eat it over the next 3 months. 
 Lily picked out the ice cream and it was delicious. It is the century sundae flavor of Blue Bell. Yum.

 Levi liked the fire.
 Lily and I sang.
 Make a wish.
 Yum.
 After dinner the kiddos got their swimming suits on and they swam in the back yard. It was a nice (cooler than the summer normal) and relaxing after a busy Saturday. We shaved Levi's head outside before bath time. He looks so cute!


 Levi was teasing me. He poked my camera lens and then cracked himself up. 

I love this girl. We have been reading the Book of Mormon (children's picture one) together every night and she loves it. Yesterday she got to go to a birthday party for her friend Andrea. They picked her up, took her swimming, to Chick fil a and for cake and ice cream. Lily was beyond the normal level of excitement. She gave her friend the Pinky Pie pony and life couldn't have been better for a 4-year-old. Best weekend ever. 

Happy 28th birthday to the one I love most! I hope he felt loved because he is everything to this little family and we couldn't open pickle jars without him. Honestly, he's the best! Love you so so much Matt!

3 comments:

Grandma Mitchell said...

Looks like a fun party. You're right the cake was huge. Wish we could have been there. The kids are growing right up.
Happy Birthday Matt!
Love ya

Rachel said...

What would we do without our men folk to open our pickle jars :) and squash spiders??? Love it.

Katie said...

Aww, that is so cute!! And YAY for Blue Bell!! You guys are the cutest family ever : ) PS that sounds like a regular cake at our house... I'm wondering what a regular cake is at your house if that one is the fattiest, lol!