While Matt was in Texas...
We went to the pet store to visit the guinea pigs. They loved all the animals. We also went shopping at Ross. Lily got her Twilight Sparkle toy (more on M.L.P soon).
We ran the lake together.
We got Happy Meals with Zoobles and Pokemon and had a picnic in their bedroom. We went swimming several times to get the most out of our last few days at the Links. I think one of the nights we did a similar bedroom picnic with Little Caesars. We were in the middle of moving so don't judge too harshly on my choice of meals. :)
We built forts out of boxes. They played and I PACKED!
What a perfect time for Matt to be out of town, right? I packed up our entire apartment and cleaned every little thing while he was in Texas. Matt got home the night before we moved into our house. Thank heavens he had a safe trip and was able to get home to move us. I had a good time spoiling the kids while he was gone. Church was actually wonderful. We sat next to Nate and Brandielle Mitchell and they helped me entertain my kids so well. I didn't have to take Levi out of Sacrament Meeting once. We really did have a good time while he was away. Moving is a lot of work but this move was by far the easiest one we've experienced so far.
The kids were so excited when Matt got home. He pulled in around 9:30pm and the kids were still awake. We headed to the house to check it out. They had so much fun running around in the big open space. We went home that night, prepared for the busy moving day, and crashed. We moved in June 27th. Matt and I took a few load of boxes ourselves during the day. I cleaned the house a little and put shelf paper in the kitchen. We borrowed a moving trailer and had friends come help us move that night. A big thank you to the Kristen Kennedy (for helping me clean and pack), the Monson's, the Mitchell's (N&B), and Brother Dean. There had been so many moves in our ward and we were lucky that anyone showed up to help. It would have been so much more work on our own. We love our new house and feel so blessed to have such a big space.
The next day we had to go finish the cleaning job at the Links. Lily said "I don't like this apartment, I like our new house." We are all pretty excited about it. Goodbye Links apartment!

No comments:
Post a Comment