"Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave..."

I'm pretty sure the 4th of July is my favorite holiday. We had a day with Matt home and we got to spend a really great day together. We drove all they way to OKC to watch Brave at 11:00am. The earliest time in Stillwater was 2:30pm and that is during Levi's nap. The movie was great. I think it was a little scary for Lily in some parts. To be honest, I didn't get to see too much of it. I was hoping that it would hold Levi's interest but it didn't. So I basically saw 20 minutes of the movie and then chased him around the theater the rest of the time. It was still fun and luckily, Levi was free (because he was still a one-year-old).
When I saw this Captain America shirt I HAD to make it! We loved The Avengers and it was perfect for the 4th.
I also got the idea for Lily's shirt on Pinterest. She really loved the flag shirt.
We had a BBQ that night with the Monson's. Yummy food and great company. The Lee's joined us and we walked over to the Lake to watch the fireworks. I was impressed with the Stillwater fireworks. The kids ran around and had a great time. Levi was so tired because the only nap he had was 20 minutes on the car ride home from OKC. They both crashed so easily when we got home that night.
Happy birthday America! We love our country.




No comments:
Post a Comment