Thursday, November 13, 2008

John Deere Day

This morning I went to gym before my 11:30am class. Matt and Lily spent the morning together. After my work out I called Matt. He said that he was out with Richard and Lily running the tractor. I wasn't expecting that response. I thought they would be home watching T.V. or running errands. So today was Lily's first experience riding the tractor. Matt said she liked it.
I'm glad Matt took the camera. They got some really great pictures. Matt said Lily didn't know what to think about it at first. She would look ahead and then turn around and look at her dad. Do you see her little jacket hanging up there? I wonder why he took it off.

So this is what happens when I have to go to class. Our six-and-a half month baby got to ride around in a John Deere. I think it was a fun thing for them both.



3 comments:

Shelley said...

Matt here:

What Shelley didn't tell you was that it was sweltering inside of that tractor. Farming equipment sure has come a long way from the times when I used to be running it freqeuently. Now everything is GPS guided. The only thing I had to do was lift up the disk at the end of the feild turn the wheel, Reengage the GPS and drop the disk again. The tractor took care of the throttle, shifted it's own gears, and guided itself down the field. Me and Lily both had a good time.

Familia Martinez said...

What cute pictures and memories. She looks like she is a daddy's girl. I am sure that she loved the whole experience. It is great that you guys get to share in watching her and it doesn't just fall on one of you. I think the one on one time that the kids have with their parents is so great. I know that Araya loves her daddy dates. Man I want to be a farmer if all I had to do is push a button now and then and the tractor did everything else. Crazy how machines have changed since I was a kid and we used to ride with dad or grandpa. Love you guys.

Lindsay said...

haha shelley those pictures are so cute! matt-you're a great dad. Way to show lily the ropes of farming :) "train up a child in the way he should go, right"?