Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Easter and Lily's birthday

 This was Easter morning in our backyard. The tent was up because we had a Young Women camp out in the backyard Friday night. Such a busy/fun weekend.  It took me several days to recuperate this late in the pregnancy.  


 Lily was the lucky girl this year with her birthday the day after Easter. She was so excited to go to Chuck E Cheese and I must say we had a fantastic time. Right after school, we made our trip to Oklahoma City and spent the evening of her birthday playing games and eating Pizza. Because it was a Monday night we basically had the place to ourselves and had an awesome time. 


 Lily wanted an ice cream cake for her birthday...Frozen themed. Well, the store was out of Frozen toys so she just got a ice cream sandwich cake. I'm glad she was a good sport. Being 8.5 months pregnant, I didn't feel like baking, frosting, stacking and decorating a cake for her birthday.  At the beginning of this summer, Lily and I made an Elsa cake. That made up for it I think :). I cannot even express how thankful I am for this sweet angel 6-year-old. She does so much to help me and is such a sweet natured girl. She gets so excited about things and truly wants to be good. She wants me to be happy and is so obedient and even does things without being asked...like keeping her room clean. I can't believe I've been a mom 6 years. I love you Lily Marian Mitchell!


 The Saturday before Easter, the kids had 2 egg hunts. The first one was in our neighborhood and the second was that night at the church. I missed the neighborhood hunt because I went paintballing with the Youth in our ward. I just observed because I was pregnant. 


No comments: