Monday, March 31, 2014

Happy Birthday to me!


Somehow the people in my life make my birthday so awesome. These days Facebook might have a lot to do with that. My birthday morning I woke up to Lily and Levi rushing to my room singing and repeatedly telling me happy birthday. "Mom, get up so you can open your present!"
 This card was the best ever!!! Lily picked it out. When you open it the chicken dance song plays. AWE!! My kids danced so well to that song. Lily knows the chicken dance from school and did the adorable dance for me several times. Best birthday present ever! Levi was just as willing to dance and Matt scored a pretty great video. I LOVE my little family! Matt got me some stuff I really wanted on flylady.net and Lily picked out a candle. Perfect presents. 
We made my cake that morning because it was an ice cream cake and needed a few hours in the freezer to set. It was brownie on the bottom, chocolate frosting, I heart chocolate Blue bell ice cream, and cool whip. Sound like too much chocolate but it was yummy. Baby #3 moves a lot when I ate some. 

I was spoiled at church. Lily had to say the Article of Faith in opening exercises. When I came in to watch her, the Primary president announced that we had a birthday. She insisted I come up and the primary children sing to me. SO sweet! I loved serving in Primary. Lily was so proud that they sang to me. Her face was beaming as they sang, you had a birthday shout hooray to me. Sunday was a 5th Sunday which meant I didn't have any extra meetings other than church. It also meant that the youth were combine for the 3rd hour. After our lesson, the youth sang to me and my counselor, Shawnee brought cupcakes. So sweet. I would recommend having a 5th Sunday birthday to anyone :). 

After church I was able to go out with the Sister Missionaries to teach a new member lesson to one of my Young Women who was baptized last year. When I got home I talked to my siblings and parents. Matt grilled us stakes outside and we ate the delicious cake. Matt did such a great job decorating it :). He posted in facebook that it was made with love not skill. He really went above and beyond to make it a special do for me. I'm looking forward to 27. 

Baby #3 update!! I am now almost 34 weeks! I'm getting very excited to meet this new little man. He is so active already. He moves constantly. I think his movement is slowing down some as he gets bigger. I know for a fact that my other two did not move this much. Maybe he's getting a head start to be able to keep up with Levi. I have had some sweet dreams recently about him joining our family and I just feel love for this new baby. Before now, I haven't had the best attitude about being pregnant. I just don't feel like myself being pregnant. I have a really hard time controlling my eating, I'm more tired than normal and I don't love the way I look. I get down about how much weight I've gained...and I just don't enjoy it. I've been praying lately that I can have a better, more positive attitude. I feel like my prayers have been answered with those sweet dreams that have given me so much excitement about him coming to our family. When he comes, I am going to start or join a weight loss club asap. It's going to take some work to get back to my pre pregnancy weight and shape but it will happen!

 Some really big blessings I have right now being pregnant...my hair is so much thicker than ever. I have to enjoy it because I know it will fall out by the handfuls when he's 3 month old. Another blessing is, I have been walking Boomer 2-3 times a week with my friend Amy Clark. It's been so nice to wake up early and get some exercise and chat with a friend. It takes us almost an hour to walk 3 miles but it is enjoyable. She is so so so sweet to go at my pace. She isn't pregnant and could go much faster without me. I LOVE her for being so selfless, waking up at 6am to help me get some exercise. 

This week Matt pulled the baby stuff out of the attic for me to clean up and sort through. It feels like an overwhelming job. I need the nesting instinct to kick into high gear :). I want to get everything ready and make a bunch of freezer meals to make things easier on Matt when the baby come. I hope I can pull everything together these next few weeks. 

2 comments:

Grandma said...

I sit and watch the chicken dance over and over again, they are so cute. Sounds as if you had a perfect day.
Love you guys
Grandma Mitchell

Rachel said...

So many new posts! I love seeing what's going on! Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes quickly and you feel ok! Did you guys buy that house in OK? I thought you were renting, but it sounds like you're doing lots of home projects. Good job, that's a lot of work!