Monday, July 1, 2013

Beautiful Lake

They say if you write down your goals, you are more likely to achieve them. Life feels pretty busy. Matt is especially busy this week as he is trying to finish up his Master's Thesis. That means late nights for him...making it hard for me to make it to the walking group with my friends. :( I have found early morning is probably the best time to get my run in. As much as I hate waking up in the morning I see that it has to happen to start my crazy days off right. Today was beautiful! I couldn't believe the 60 degree weather as I ran the 4 miles from my house, around the lake. I also had time to stretch and spend some time in thought. It felt amazing. So my goal is to do this 3 or 4 times per week and try and get my scripture reading in before my kiddos wake up! It's possible and it will help me stay happy :).  

2 comments:

grandma Mitchell said...

I admire you Shelley for doing this, going the extra mile. With Matt's like as hectic as it is you are the one that is going to have to keep things sane. I know you can do it. You'll do great in your new calling, and the girls will love you.
Have a great week.

Lindsay said...

That's the only time I get a workout or scriptures in too. I love my mornings! It's the best " me time" without any guilt!! Congratulations on your new calling...holy cow!! That's so awesome and I just know you will do a fantastic job! Shelley I just love you and miss you too! I hope we can get our families together at some point because we just think the world of you guys.