Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 4th

Same shirts as last year! Look how much they've grown!
July 4, 2012

Love this one of Lily


All ready for our BBQ



I woke up on July 4th with a bad attitude. Matt had to go to school for most of the day and I wasn't excited about that. I always love spending time together on the 4th. However, I decided that I could still make it a great day. The kids and I went to Walmart and got stuff for our BBQ. Then I took them to a fireworks stand to get some sparklers. They loved that. We came home and made potato salad and did some chores...before we knew it Matt was home. It turned out to be a great day with family and friends.  



 We had our BBQ with the Monson's and the Smith's. Yummy food and great company.

This picture right here is my favorite! I know it's not that great of a picture but that moment was one I hope to never forget. The weather was PERFECT! Temps in the 70's..a breeze coming in off the lake, beautiful fireworks, snuggling with my babies. I am one thankful mama for this beautiful country and all the blessing that I have. I'm so thankful to a loving Heavenly Father for giving me so much!  
I love that our house is 1/2 mile to the lake! It's nice that we never have to deal with parking!

This is Lily at the after party at the Deken's. It's always fun breaking the bedtime rules and not getting home until midnight with the kids. We had a great time! Such a great day!

1 comment:

grandma Mitchell said...

I love the video of Levi and you guys singing to him, he looked like he could burst. What a cute kid. The 4th of July looked fun.
I was sorry to hear of your Grandpa passing but I bet he is having a blast with your Grandma. What a great example to have to follow.
We are so happy that you are in our family and the great example you are to us.
Love ya