Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Families Can be Together Forever

I am so thankful for this man and my simple words can never do him justice. My grandpa, Richard H. LeDosquet, passed away yesterday morning, July 9th. He is the best example of everything I want my family to be like. He has such great faith in Jesus Christ and an unshakable testimony of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He accomplished so much in his life. When I was 14 years-old, I received my patriarchal blessing from him...every time I read it, I think of my loving grandfather and I know that I am his "Dearest Granddaughter." He wrote a wonderful book for our family about his life and I will treasure that forever. He's met some incredible people...prophets and apostles, and even had them stay in his home. Sadly, we will not be making the journey to UT for the funeral this Saturday...I know he would understand. I love you Grandpa and I'm so happy you are with Grandma again. I miss her and I love her! As I was talking to Matt the other night about Grandpa I said, "Do you think we will be like him...faithful and righteous to the end?" He replied, "I sure hope so." I hope so too! I love you Grandpa and I'm so proud to be your granddaughter!

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a sweet post Shelley, I am so sorry for your loss. What a great picture of you two by the way! I'm sure he misses you too!

grandma Mitchell said...

He was a great man and you are a great Granddaughter. What a tribute to this man. He will be missed but you have the knowledge that you will get to see him again.
We love you and are thankful that you are part of our family.
Love you