Absence sure makes the heart grow fonder. Every time Matt has to go on these conferences with ASHRAE, I fall in love with him all over again :). This week was especially long. He was gone from a Saturday morning and didn't get back until Friday...(2 days ago). I am SO thankful I have Daniel here with me. Although he works most of the time, it's so nice to have someone to talk to at night. Some fun things we did while Matt was gone:
*Sister Gee's Keys (mister Gee's keys). Levi loves Sister Gee in his Nursery class at church. Last Sunday as soon as we walked in the door he pulled out a key chain with house keys and car keys. I couldn't believe it! He stole Sister Gee's keys. We jumped in the car, headed back to the church. I had the thought to call Sister Gee to try and relieve her stress and let her know that we had her keys. She wasn't answering. Surely she was at the church searching the garbages for her keys. We nearly made our 15 minute drive to church..and then she called me back. I frantically explained that Levi had her keys in his pocket. She laughed a little and told me that she had those keys especially made for the nursery kids to play with. Phew...they looked so real! Sister Gee loves Levi and I'd like to think she had them made for him. Keys really are one of his favorite things. I'm going to make him a similar set for his birthday. Today he gave the keys back to Sister Gee. :)
*World wide leadership broadcast on Sunday...so awesome. So thankful for the Austin girls who watched my kiddos so I could enjoy it. I liked Elder Nelson's comment about women being better wives and mothers serving in the church, anchored in the gospel.
*Swimming at the Links with Shawnee. I didn't realize how much I missed that pool until last Tuesday. We were so spoiled to have that pool the past two summers. Kids and I loved it.
*Cupcake Class from Jeanne Mitchell at the institute. Jeanne makes the best cupcakes! I'm so glad she taught this class and gave us her recipes. Who doesn't love a good cupcake?
*Lots of other fun things that I can't remember. :)
I bought the kids some window markers and they loved them. Little mermaid drawn by Lily.
This is how she wore her hair to the cupcake class. I made a cupcake for myself and she snatched it.
Both kids missed their dad. Especially at night. This is how I found Lily one night.
When we went swimming at the Links I put sunscreen everywhere but my shoulders. I was sure I was covered. It still hurts :/.
The reunion was so sweet this time! Matt got home around 1am Friday. I insisted that he take Friday off. I'm so glad that he agreed to take Saturday and Sunday off too. We needed him! This has been the best weekend we've had in forever. We saw Monsters University, went to the Wondertorium together both days, went to ice cream, played, and loved every minute together. This photo was taken by Lily Mitchell.
My big news today is that I got a new calling. I'm so excited to get to work with the youth as YW President. I've known about the calling for a month and I'm so glad it's official. I've cried, worried, prayed, felt under-qualified, went to the temple, prepared as best as I can and now I'm just ready to get to work. Last Wednesday I was invited to the YW activity to get to know the girls a little bit better. They are so awesome and I can't wait to get to know them. I feel so privileged.
My main girl and me in our new dresses for church today.
We love how they are so long.
|
Today I was able to speak with most of the Youth in our ward. I was the last speaker and we ran out of time...so I just shared my testimony, then I was able to give the talk I had prepared in the 5th Sunday combine R.S./ Priesthood lesson. I'm so glad it's over with. I stress about speaking more than necessary.
Tonight we had the Sister Missionaries come to our house for dinner and a lesson on reading the Book of Mormon and letting it 'flood our lives.' I love missionaries. The kids and I have been able to go with them to teach our new friend Maria...who is planning on getting baptized this Saturday. I am so excited for Maria. She has such a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and feels the spirit so strongly as she reads and prays about the Book of Mormon.
We ended this great weekend with a walk to the lake in BEAUTIFUL weather...in the 70's. We saw a million fire flys!!! It was incredible.
Sometimes you carry the little one the last 1/2 mile of the walk. This mama doesn't mind. He loves me.



2 comments:
What a fun weekend. I'm glad to the time to be with the family, I'm sure he needed it as much as you needed him.
I love the pictures of what you guys are doing and we love to skype with you.
Love you guys
What a fun post! I'm so glad Lily caught that sweet picture of you and Matt. I think you will be such a fantastic YW president! I don't blame you for being nervous, but I don't think they could have called a better person for the job!
Post a Comment