Friday, November 9, 2012

October Review

October was fantastic! We were so busy and it was wonderful. Enjoy the pics.
10/1 Enjoying ice cream by the fire place. Lily and I made our little popsicle stick scare crows.
10/2 Levi and I love our mornings together. This kid knows his alphabet so well..upper case and lower case. 
 I guess the Breakfast with a Buddy was 10/5. Proof that they had a great time.

 Conference weekend was the best! The kids were so good and we were able to watch all sessions. It was a cold weekend and we LOVED it. The fire was from Sunday morning complete with hot chocolate and home made breakfast. I cuddled and madly crocheted all weekend and finally finished this puppy. It's boxed away for a special someone for Christmas :).
 Kids painting during general conference.

 10/11 I got my hair done! I had to add that in there because it was a big deal. Got a little blonde and I feel back to my old self. 
10/12 Matt and I got to go on the best date ever! The kids got to go to Dax and Gibson's house and we went to Thai Cafe. It was my first experience and it was the most delicious food I've had. Coconut crusted chicken. Yummo.

The week of Oct 16, my parents came!! It was their first time coming to Oklahoma and we had a fun filled week. The first day they were here we took it kind of easy, toured Stillwater, OSU campus, Matt's lab, made necklaces, shopped. 
 Wednesday night we had a Primary program practice to attend. Levi and Matt went to Orange Leaf while the rest of us went to the church. Lily won a Twix candy bar for being the best smiler. The Primary President showed them the candy bar and Lily was determined to win it. She put up her elbows up on the railing of the stage and held her smile up with her hands. Her little cheeks must have been so sore. We are certainly related! I would have done the same thing for  candy.
 Thursday we took a trip to OKC and went to the Zoo. LOVE. We then went to Stockyard City, had lunch at Cattleman's Cafe, and looked at some boots shop. We then went to the OKC bombing Memorial. 

 Friday night was the OSU walk around. OSU sure knows how to celebrate homecoming. I'm glad my parents got to come see how much fun it is around here. I've never seen so much orange until we moved here. 





 We snuck off to a pumpkin patch while my parents were running errands for their trip home. We got some good ones. 

 We had the best time with them here. The kids LOVED it so much and were sad to see them go. Levi asked me for a week..."Where's Grandma?" Now he also calls me Shelley! He'll say "Okay, Shelley" or "Oh, Shelley." What?! Matt never says my name...I go by mom around here. He picked it up from my parents talking to me. Silly kid. I hope they come back another time...also Matt's parents! We love having visitors! 

Other fun things I want to remember about the trip: Going to Boomer park, playing in the backyard racing with Grandpa, making necklaces, lunch at Thai Cafe (told you I loved it), Ice cream at Braum's after the walk around and rushing Lily to the bathroom. I'm sure I'm missing something...such a fun week! Oh and they spoiled us...like parents tend to do :).


 We put a ton of work into Halloween costumes this year. Lily and I made this crown out to a milk carton. It was so perfect for her costume. October brought many projects...the crown, blues clues Joe costume, Levi's quilt and more.

Stay tuned for the Halloween post and our Family pictures.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

I've been waiting for some updates!! Hooray! Glad to see all is well with your family! Shelley, you're lookin mighty skinny. Are you doing that Hot Mama's thing again?