Saturday, August 20, 2011

Matt's 27th








August 11th, Matt turned 27. I think he had a good day. We sure did. Lily is the princess of birthday's. I know I wouldn't make that big of deal out of Matt's birthday if it wasn't for Lily. Birthdays are magical for three-year-olds. Matt woke up to his presents. Lily was only excited about the M&M's. She was by my side when we made the cake. I had her stand still so I could look at her shirt while I drew the OSU Cowboy with the frosting. I'm pretty sure her and I ate our weight in frosting. It was worth it. I forgot to buy balloons so we made some to put on the door. We had a birthday party that night with a few friends from the ward. There was a little girl at the party who is just a month or so older than Levi. She is his size and was walking all over the place. Levi loves her...and obviously got some courage watching her walk. He took off walking at Matt's birthday party. It was crazy. He's now walking almost always. He still crawls every now and again. Yay Levi! And Happy Birthday Matt! We love you!

3 comments:

Katie said...

That dutch oven looks awesome!! And I love your balloons on the door, too cute!

Grandma Mitchell said...

Lily will remember the parties and the things you do with her forever. You have such cute ideas. I'm glad that she is like preschool. She will be so excited to go to school when the time comes.
Love, you guys!
Love Grandma Mitchell

Familia Martinez said...

Love the cake. I really need to be more creative...I am lazy I guess. Glad Matt had a great birthday! You guys are great!