Saturday, August 20, 2011

Little Summer Update




These pictures are from today. We went to Lake Carl Blackwell for an Elder's Quorum activity. Matt is now the first counselor in the Elder's Quorum presidency. We all swam in the warm lake and had a picnic. Good last hoorah before Matt starts classes on Monday. I feel like I have so much to update about but when I get blogging I forget everything. Maybe I'll start keeping a notebook of ideas so I don't forget.

Matt-has been working really hard on his research while school has been out. He has so much to do and I'm getting nervous about how busy he's going to be in a few weeks. We think he may have gotten a tick bite a week or so ago. He was so weak and had a high fever. Weird. Umm..I don't think I mentioned before that he got a big fat A in his calculus class summer semester. I was excited about that.

Me-Haha. Nothing too new with me. I'm still running with some girls in my ward. We're training for a 15 k (9.3 mile) race in Tulsa at the end of October. This morning we went 6 miles and I didn't do well toward the end. My stomach was cramping, I had goose bumps all over my body and it became harder to breath. Haha...sounds fun right? I had to walk the last half mile or so. I felt so sick when I got home until Matt told me to eat a pickle. Holy cow it helped so much. I couldn't believe it. I must have been down on salt or electrolytes. So yeah. I'm hoping that was a fluke thing.

Lily-is learning to share and be nice to Levi and other kids. She loves to go...to Walmart, the park, the pool, the mail box, and to ice cream. She loves our preschool time of the day. We are done with the ABC's and she knows them well. There are a few sounds she still needs practice with. We are now working on a preschool work book. In one week we are starting preschool with her friends in the ward. I'm going to teach with 4 other moms. She is going to LOVE it! We will just rotate houses. We are both getting excited about that.

Levi-is walking and signing a little bit. He signs 'more' and 'eat' on occasion. He loves to laugh and play. Fruit is his favorite...along with everything else. Um...he can be kind of a stinker sometimes. He is really restless at church and that can be very hard. Church is a complete work out. He is getting good an standing up for himself when playing with Lily. He loves playing in the play kitchen. He also loves playing in the table tent that Grandma Mitchell made for the kids. Lily and him play so well together in that tent.

There is so much more..especially with the kids. They are growing like crazy. We got our family pictures taken a few weeks ago and I'll post them eventually. Time for bed.

3 comments:

Katie said...

A pickle? Huh! That's crazy/good to know. Love the update, i'm glad you guys are liking OK!

Rachel said...

Once again, I'm so proud of you for being such a runner! I'm so impressed and slightly jealous. And I think the pre school thing is so fun. I hope that when Miles gets ready for that we'll be around good people like you guys who want to do things like that. I'm looking forward to seeing the family pictures!

Familia Martinez said...

A pickle? That is my question too? I would have never thought of that. Glad you guys are having so much fun! I am jealous! Miss you guys!