Thursday, November 11, 2010

Time to be Thankful

Lily and I had fun making this turkey today. We've been calling him 'Lurky Turkey.' Don't as me why. I was listening to President Monson's gratitude talk from conference and I realized how ungrateful I can be. In that talk he said it is so much easier to see what we are lacking rather than being grateful for what we have. Oh man, I have so much. I have always had everything that I need and MUCH more. Anyways...the idea of the turkey to to write on the feathers what you are thankful for. We have already filled up half of the feathers writing multiple things on each feather. Constructing the turkey itself was a great activity for Lily. Obviously I cut it all our and drew it but she helped me tape it all together after I told her where to put them. She loved it! First thing when Matt came in the door tonight she said "Look at the turkey!!" We've been talking a lot about Thanksgiving and what we are thankful for. Here is the turkey pattern. I just looked at the pattern and modified it some.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing the Turkey thing, I gotta make one of those. Raleigh sees this big blow up turkey at Walmart and he yells "ROOSTER!!!!!" so I guess we're having a thanksgiving rooster instead, lol.

Grandma said...

Shelley, you are very talented and take alot of time doing stuff with Lily. She will remember this forever. I'm very grateful for my grandkids and their parents.
I love you all!

Jen Schultz said...

Great idea, Shelley! Thanks for sharing. I've been personally focusing on gratitude in our blog, but I've been negligent about sharing the importance of this principle with Lydia. Thanks for sharing a great (and cute) way to motivate me to help her understand. :)