So much fun. I got this idea for everythingpreschool.com. It is just Elmer's glue with a drop of red food coloring. It was "Pink Paint" and we put pop corn on it. Success...it kept her interest for an hour. And it was fun to munch the popcorn too. I also got a song on that same web site. It's to the tune of Davy Crocket.
Pop goes the popcorn, can't you see
It is jumping just like me
I can't wait until it's done
Then I get to eat it oh what fun
Pop corn, oh popcorn
You make my tummy yum!
We sang the song over and over and did our craft. I think we might do pig activities later this week.
Lily updates...Potty Training has officially seriously begun. Today was day three with NO diapers for her. Only one very small accident. Every time we talked about potty training in college the books/professors would always talk about how the reward system takes away from their internal motivation to go potty...or something like that. I think it is Behaviorism by Skinner or something. However...small treats have been my saving grace in potty training. We actually have an awesome sticker chart too. We decorated it with Disney Princesses. She gets to put a pretty sticker on every time she goes potty and then she gets two M&M's. Total motivator for her. She is very excited about it and is getting used to life without diapers. She hasn't even asked for them back. When Matt got home tonight Lily ran to the bathroom, grabbed her sticker chart and said "LOOK DAD!" She was gushing excitement and couldn't wait to tell him all about it. I'm seeing the light to only having one child in diapers. Wahoo!
1 comment:
This whole post makes me smile, I love it! You Mitchell's awesome and adorable!
Post a Comment