Today we finally got new tires for the pick up. I can now feel saver driving in the snow. Like I said, today was really snowy. This year we want to get a real Christmas tree. The first year we were married we just went up into the forest and cut down a tree. We attempted to do the same today. We only got to a certain point before we couldn't see the roads anymore. The drive was really fun though. I just thought I throw in a picture of our first Christmas tree :)
We went to a Tinker Bell birthday party on Thursday for Emma Farnsworth. Lily talked about it for days before and was so excited. She really had a lot of fun and I'm so glad they invited us. She doesn't get too much interaction with other kids rather than nursery at church and play dates. We bought Emma a Tinker Bell bubble bath gift and Lily really wanted it. I don't blame her but I hope she learned a little bit about giving and being happy for other kids on their birthday. Lily was really excited when Emma opened her presents. Again, I don't blame her. It was a really good learning experience for her I thought.
Other things going on...we want to go see HP 7 part one really bad. Hopefully we'll be able to trade babysitting with Ryan and Cathy next week. Matt only has to work three days next week and then he's all mine! We hope to get most of the Christmas shopping finished and make a Costco trip. I've really been into making bread lately. My friend Rachel gave me an awesome recipe for wheat bread and Cathy gave me a recipe for French bread. I also get to make Pumpkin Chocolate chip bread again for Matt to take to work. Yum. I'd like to think I'm getting back into running. I've been able to run more than two miles at a time at the gym. It feels really good even though it kind of feels like torture when I'm doing it. I also finally got Danny's Christmas package sent off to Chile. I feel like it was a tender mercy that I fit as much stuff in that $13.00 flat rate shipping envelope. I got 9 pairs of socks, hair pomade, 2 hot wheels cars, a tooth brush, 2 dental floss, travel size toothpaste, a ton of Hersey's kisses and 3 church CD's, art work from Lily and a letter from me. I think it fit so nicely because it was for a missionary. That's all.
3 comments:
I am so confused about your carolers up there, I will ask you about it sometime. Anyways, the picture of you and Matt is so cute! I wish I would've taken the time to get a good picture of our first Christmas tree. I bet Danny will love his Christmas presents!
Oh first Christmas! Tender! That is such a special memory I'm sure. Crazy how time flies.
So I totally stole the turkey craft project (Lydia had so much fun with it!) and I'm just letting you know the same will be happening with the carolers. Great idea! I need to be more resourceful like you. lol Thanks for the fun post. :) And Lydia gets the same way about gift-giving. Isn't it fascinating that it's a skill one has to learn, not something that is just innate?
Post a Comment