Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July!

We have been having such a great weekend!! Saturday morning we went to the Flag raising at the church. It was really cold and really early. The next thing on our agenda was to go to the parade in Rexburg. After the breakfast we went home and all fell asleep and missed the parade. I'm so thankful though. Lily was pretty cranky from the early morning and I was pretty tired myself. We'll make it to the 24th of July parade in Saint Anthony. We got a good nap and still had a really fun day.

After our nap we had cinnamon toast and "purple smoothies." It's really just grape julius but Lily and I call it "purple smoothies." Yum.


Nope, it's not twins. :) I thought while we had the camera out, we'd get a picture of me and Levi. I haven't taken any pictures like this the entire pregnancy and I hope it is the last. I went to the doctor on Friday. It was my 38 week appointment. She said that I am measuring at 40 weeks already. She predicts this is not going to be a small baby; especially after I told her Lily as 8 pounds 7 ounces and was 8 days early. She did say everything was good and he will be here anytime now. I'm getting really nervous for the labor part but so excited to meet him! I'm also excited to not be pregnant :).
We took picture with Ryan and Cathy. I got some cute ones of their family too.
Thanks to Matt for being such a good sport about the matching shirts. We got them at Old Navy obviously. My wardrobe is very limited these days and I just wanted a big, comfortable shirt that would fit me and Levi. It was really fun for Lily. She was talking about our "flag shirts" all day. I'm really proud of the bow in Lily's hair. I bought ribbon on Friday night but had no idea how to even tie a bow. I looked it up online and Matt helped me figure it out. It actually turned out really cute but the pictures do not do it justice. The link is here.
I can see why people get really into making bows and things. It was really fun and I would love to learn how to make more.
Next, we went to the Zoo!! I had never been the the zoo in Idaho Falls and I'm so glad we went. It was a beautiful day!! I wasn't dieing in the heat because it was in the low 70's I think. I am glad we got to go. That is one thing I wanted to do with Lily this summer before it gets more complicated with the new baby. She seemed to really enjoy it.



I got lots of pictures of the animals to make a book for Lily to remember the trip and learn more about the animals. The turtles were my favorite I think. I cannot believe they weigh up to 500 pounds.

Cheese face!
After the zoo we went to lunch, ice cream and Target to do some last minute shopping for the baby. Then, we came back to zoo. They have this playground that looks like a lot of fun. It was fun but it was more of a headache for Matt and me both. It is meant for kids ages 5-12. Lily was a little too small for it. I almost had a heart attack every time big kids would run past her or INTO her. But she loved it, of course.

That night we went to the fireworks in Rexburg. We got some treats and set up a blanket at Nature park where we went last year with Katie and Steve. Lily liked the fireworks and pointed out the colors of each different fire work. She's a smarty. The rest of this weekend has been so great! This is why I love summer so much!

4 comments:

Familia Martinez said...

You are simply glowing Shelley. I wished I looked really cute when I was pregnant, instead I just look like I have gained a few pounds. No one can ever really tell that I am pregnant until I show up with another baby.

Lily is growing so fast. I wish we were there to see the little squirt. We miss you guys!

Levi? Is that the little guys name? Cute! Can't wait to hear all about his arrival. Love you guys!

Katie said...

Lol, I love Lily's cheese face! What a fun weekend!!

Sara said...

We watched the fireworks from the Nature Park, too! Bummer we missed you! We'll have to do a playdate or something some time:)

Linny said...

how is it that you are that pregnant and have such a skinny face??