Friday, July 16, 2010

A few more pictures



Lily has been taking it easy this week. The last three days or so she has had fevers. Tuesday morning was the worst. She woke up pale in the face, with a fever, fanatically asking for milk. I hurried and got some for her. She took one sip and threw up everywhere. She thought she was having hunger pains when really she was nauseated. Meanwhile, the baby was crying and my pain medication had worn off. I called Matt and told him of our condition and he came home. Thank heavens for him. The adjustment from one child to two has been relatively easy with the exception of that morning. Of course I cannot call Matt to come save me every time I have a hard moment. I have so much to get used to and I hope I can adapt well. Lily is doing better today, now she just has an awful cough. We have basically been watching The Little Mermaid over and over and relaxing.

This is what Levi has been doing the entire week of his life. I feel like he has 2 hours of awake time during the day and night. He has been through a lot this week. On Monday we took him to the doctor to get his tongue clipped. He was tongue tied like Lily was. I'm glad we got it done so soon. It seemed so much easier with him than it was with Lily when she was 4 months old. And I'm hoping he will continue to nurse better.



Lily is really good with Levi. This was the night we got home from the hospital. She always asks to hold him. I haven't really let her too much the past few days since she's been sick. She seems to really like her brother.

This is Brooklyn LeDosquet with Levi. They are just two weeks and two days apart. I'm surprised how much she has changed in the two weeks. This is also the night we got home from the hospital. I held Brooklyn today and she feels a little heavier than Levi. Today at the hospital Levi weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces. I'm sure he'll gain the weight back in no time.

Levi is one week old tonight. So far we are doing good. I'm glad Matt has been around as much as possible. I'm so thankful that school is over for him in one week. This should be a fun week ahead of us with Matt's GRADUATION and Sarah coming to stay with us.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

he's so cute! and yay for matt graduating! congratulations on everything going on with your little family!

Katie said...

That is so neat that they will be so close in age!! Levi is soooooo cute!! And of course Lily is precious, I hope she is feeling better. Miss you guys!

Lindsay said...

Shelley congratulations!! He is so so handsome and precious! I'm glad everything went so smoothly, and I hope Lily gets feeling better soon. What a cute family!! We love you guys and are glad to hear you're doing so well. Good luck with everything!