Monday, June 28, 2010

I've been looking for activities to do with Lily for the next couple of weeks. I don't feel as adventurous as I have in the past. I only have a couple weeks before the baby comes and it is harder to chase her around the park, not to mention HOTTER! So we are doing more fun things inside. This week I've been looking for 4th of July activities to do. This picture right here was a major success! She LOVED decorating the door. All I did was cut out some stars. I put tape on the back of them for her. I gave them to her one at a time and she decorated the door all by herself. At first I was trying to tell her to put some at the bottom, or don't put them so close together. Then I thought, RELAX! Just let her do it by herself. I get so product focused when we do crafts and things. It's not about the product at the end, it's about her creating and doing it herself. I can't say enough how fun this was and it took up a lot of time. I told her that we were decorating the door with stars because we love our country. I would love more 4th of July, 2-year-old activities. We are going to do Jello Jigglers sometime this week with the star cookie cutters. Other than that, I need more ideas.
This picture was yesterday before church. I think I've mentioned it on here before but she LOVES nursery! I think most kids do at this age. The past couple of weeks I was asked to substitute in nursery. I loved seeing her in there. She is one of the youngest in the class but she is for sure the best singer. I am shocked at how many primary songs she can sing almost perfectly. Every time we drive by the temple she says "Temple Song!!" We then sing it about 4 or 5 times. Tonight we went to Idaho Falls. She sang the entire 30 min drive. I love it! I told Matt that we have our own home made sound system in the back seat :)


And more painting. We go through a lot of paint in this house!
Oh and, one more thing I want to remember...I think Lily is going to be a great big sister. We have been over visiting Brooklyn, Ryan and Cathy's new baby. She has watched us hold the baby. She has been very soft with Brooklyn and loves to kiss her feet and knees. Tonight we went over for another visit. Brooklyn was sleeping but there was a doll, pacifier, and very cute decorative burp rags on the couch. Lily immediately found the doll. She covered it with the pretty burp cloth and carried it just like we would hold the baby. She tried over and over to put the pacifier in the doll's mouth. I was so pleased that she was treating the doll so nice. I think she is going to do well with her new baby brother. We got her a doll tonight that we are going to give to her when the baby is born. I'm hoping she is excited when we bring the baby home.

2 comments:

Katie said...

You are so awesome! I wanna be like you when I grow up, lol.

Rachel said...

I agree with Katie. You guys do such fun things. Keep posting about them so I can copy you!