Friday, February 19, 2010

Lily's luck

Just so ya know...this post is a little blabby and perhaps on the boring side. You do not have to read.

Yesterday, Lily woke up from her nap with a fever. Fevers on her really bother me! I am assuming that is has to do with her ear and this is why. Not last week but the week before, Lily's right ear had major drainage. Remember last year, around her first birthday she had the ear surgery to get ear tubes because of all the ear infection problems she was having. Well, now when she gets an ear infection we know because her ears drain. So last Monday (Feb 8th), I took her to the Doctor McMaster (the ENT). He prescribed some ear drops that we did two times a day for a week. I took her back on Tuesday (Feb 16th) for him to see if it was better. Good news is there is no more fluid back behind her ear. The bad new is, there is ear wax build up. He made it sound kind of serious. He said we needed to put hydrogen peroxide drops in her ears twice a day, until she screams bloody murder. Once the peroxide gets back in her ear drum it is going to hurt really bad. Or he said to just keep doing the ear drops. It may not work as well but it will help. I haven't gotten the courage up to do the peroxide but I'm going to do it tonight. So...I'm thinking that is where her fever came from after her nap. I gave her some Tylenol immediately and the fever went away before too long.

Matt has been gone until really late the past couple of nights because he has a night class. He didn't even see Lily on Wednesday. So yesterday, I decided that Lily and I would go visit him in Rexburg so he would be able to see Lily. We went to Taco Bell and split a $5 thing. We walked into Taco Bell and were both looking at the menu. I looked down at Lily after a while and I noticed throw up on the floor. I said, "Matt don't step in that whatever it is." I picked up Lily so she wouldn't step in it either. Immediately I realized her breath smelt like throw up and she had a little on her jacket. She was the one that made that mess on the carpet. It was so weird because either of us heard or saw her do it. Thankfully, we were the only costumers there. I kindly told the cash register girl that Lily made a mess on the rug. How embarrassing! We are really sorry to the Taco Bell employees that had to clean that up. It might be selfish of me but I was glad that she didn't throw up two minutes earlier in the car. That is the worst for me. Lily and I dropped Matt off at class and went home.

Lily and I had a good night together. We played and she seemed fine. I caught her pouring her baby shampoo on my bed and rubbing it around with her hands. I wasn't mad. It was my own fault for leaving it in her reach and not watching her. She went to bed just fine at 7:45pm. At about 9:30, she woke up SCREAMING! I went into her room and she was holding her face like she had hit her head or something. I picked up and rocked her for a good five minutes before she calmed down and went back to sleep. This morning she has a bruise on her cheek. I have no idea how it got there, or how she could have hit it to get it in that spot. At 3:30am she came into our room with a FEVER! Agh! It was 101.5 or something like that. We got her some Tylenol. Matt went back to bed and we stayed up and watched "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" until 5:00am. I was tired at that point. Matt went and got her back to sleep. She only slept for an hour or so and was back up before 7am. Oh, I didn't go to school. I didn't know if she was sick or what and didn't want to get the kids she plays with sick. She has been up all day. I tried at 9:00, 11:00 and 1:00 to get her to take a nap. Finally, she feel asleep at 1:45 and slept until 3:45 this afternoon.

That is not all that has happened to her today. No more fevers, thankfully but she has been a little accident prone. She fell and knocked her head pretty good on the tile. That's the only one that left a mark. I gave her a bath earlier today. When she gets out of the bath, we go into my room to get her dressed. Before I got her diaper on, she went #1 on by bed. The bedding in the wash for the second time in 24 hours. She has also been on the ultra sensitive side. At lunch I told her to eat her noodles and she acted like I broke her heart. It happened when I was doing her hair too. Maybe it was because she was so exhausted. I hope we can get her ear unblocked and stop these fevers, if that's even what's causing it. I need to get more pictures of her. We still haven't gotten our camera fixed. That is what I want for graduation. We are still borrowing Linda's camera and I'm really thankful for that. However, it makes a really cool sound when we turn the camera on and Lily instantly knows when I'm going to take a picture. She comes running, screaming "Cheese, cheese." It makes it impossible to get a good picture of her. She doesn't want to pose or smile for a picture, she just wants to have Grandma's camera. I'm hoping she won't do that when I get our camera back.

I'm 19 weeks pregnant this week. I feel like I have tippled in size. Thankfully all my pants still fit well. I'm just having a harder time finding tops that aren't too tight. I've been wearing my summer clothes to church because I know I won't be able to wear them in the summer. I love them and want to wear them even if it is out of season. I am refusing at this point to pull out my maternity tops because I'm still sick of them from when I wore them with Lily. I only have 4 or 5 tops and I would just rotate them every day when I was expecting Lily. Plus, I think they are too big at this point. If I just make it to April when school gets out I'll be good. So this pregnancy is going really well. I'm feeling the baby move and that is really exciting to me. I remember how much I love to feel the kicks. It makes it much more real that there is a human inside of me. Love it. I've also been having crazy dreams about the baby. I don't have any intuition whether it is a boy or girl. I had a dream that it was a boy and a dream that it was girl. We will be so excited either way. We find out Friday, Feb 26th. I'm getting really excited for this baby to come!!! This pregnancy is also going much faster. I think I need some advice. I have recently gotten my appetite back. Meaning, I could eat all day. I am never full. A couple weeks ago, food wasn't even that good to me. How do I curb that appetite so I don't gain 50 pounds? I'm still down four pounds from the pre-pregnancy weight but I'm afraid if I don't control it soon the weight is going to come fast. I've started exercising again. I want to keep in shape so I'll be able to keep up with Matt on our bike rides when the snow melts. That's enough for now...I'll post as soon as we find out if it's a boy or girl. Can't wait!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, cracking up at the Taco Bell story!! I think I would've been relieved that it didn't happen in the car either, lol. I hope Lily gets better with the fevers and ear stuff! She is one tough cookie though, gotta love her! Miss you guys! Can't flippin' wait to find out what y'all are having next!

Caitlin said...

oh my goodness, what a rough few days for lily! i hope she's feeling better and you're getting her fever down.

can't wait to find out what you're having. we find out the week after you! so fun!

Becca said...

Awwww.. poor Lily. She's one tough little girl. And I can't wait to find out what you're having...so exciting!

Familia Martinez said...

Hey there! Wow Lily isn't pulling any punches is she. Bet you won't go back to Taco Bell without thinking of this visit. =)

The Hydrogen Peroxide works. I have done it to myself and it doesn't so much hurt as it does feel like you have just poured a huge glass of Alka Seltzer in your ear and it is really loud since it is right on your ear drum. To a little kid though they would probably cry because they don't know what else to do.

Anyway we love you and hope all is well. Hang in there!