Sunday, September 27, 2009

Steppin it up!!


Lily and I have been doing a lot of water coloring this week. She is a natural!
Most times when she does a stroke like this she says "WOW!" Discovering the joy that comes in creating something beautiful.
Look at that concentration!

Such good technique

Finished product.
This week it really hit me at how much more I could play with Lily. I am always here with her but how many hours has she be sitting here watching Blues Clues while I am on the computer, doing laundry, making dinner or whatever. She loves watching Blues Clues. She would be content watching it for HOURS on end. She has been doing the actions and trying to talk along with it. How many times has she watched each episode to know how to do those things? So, this week we have cut back on the videos big time. She only watches them in the morning while I am getting ready for school. When we get home from school we play. I would love more suggestions of what to do with toddlers. She loves to color. We do crayons, markers, chalk, water colors. We also have played a bean bag toss, where she just tosses bean bags into a laundry basket and says "wow." What are other fun things to do inside for her age? I'm going to look more things up online and start trying them out. I like going on bike rides with her, but by the time we get home, she has been in the car and the stroller a good portion of the day. I hate to make her be strapped into the bike trailer after that. I love my time that I have with this girl and I am seriously spending it more wisely. Who wouldn't want to play with this girl?

4 comments:

Katie said...

I want to play with her!!! She is so cute and I love the commentary on each picture, haha! You are hilarious Shelley. I found this website the other day called productiveparenting.com and its working really well for me and Raleigh. The activities for his age group are really great so far.

Shelley said...

Thanks Katie, I'm going to check it out.

Becca said...

I know what you mean- it's so easy to get caught up in the "to do list" that I forget to play with Emma. Lately we've been doing a lot of building with giant legos, playing in blanket forts, and lots of cooking with jello and pudding. I'll have to check out that site too- thanks Katie!

Caitlin said...

you can sign up with babycenter.com to send you weekly emails. I love them! They give you all kinds of suggestions and games you can play, how to handle temper tantrums, and all kinds of other things. it's awesome.