On this trip I took more than 450 pictures. I love most of them and want to share them all. I chose just a few and it was hard to decide which ones. Really, this was such a fun trip and I am so glad we went. We loved Colorado so much. Thank you so much Mom, Dad, and Jayne for letting us stay!!
Friday: 4/10 Welcome to Grandma and Grandpa's house

We got to my parent's house at 6:30pm or so. We had taco soup and cinnamon rolls. When Sarah, Morgan and Bailey got there, mom gave the girls a Barbie doll and books. They loved it! One of the books was a nursery rhyme book. I read some of it to Lily tonight and she likes it. Their house is beautiful! It felt just like home for me even though I had never been there.
Saturday: 4/11 Easter Egg hunt, Yummy Turkey dinner

Dad making my favorite stuffing. What a good cook! The turkey dinner was delicious.



Lily had a hard time warming up to everyone. Not when they had food. This is how Sarah bonded with Lily. Lily had several bananas while we were there. She loves bananas.
Sunday: 4/12 Easter Sunday

Easter was so good!! Lily was adorable in her dress. We got that sweater from Walmart the night before. They only had size 3T and the arms were too long. My mom fixed it so the arms fit right. Church was really good. Lily slept for two of the three hours. In Relief Society my mom gave the lesson. It was an Eater program with songs, scriptures and people's testimonies. She did a really great job and it was perfect for Easter. Mom, Jayne, Sarah and me did a musical number. It was actually really cool. That's the first time we've ever done anything like that and it turned out really great. They are have beautiful voices. Jayne is a star! She's in musicals and has a lot of talent. Sarah too. And Mom is a strong alto with a beautiful voice. It was so much fun!
Monday:4/13 Kites
This is in the mall parking lot.

The drive to Glenwood is beautiful! Later that night we went to the Glenwood Springs hot springs. There was a two block long swimming pool 92 or so degrees. It was perfect. Lily LOVED it!! She is a swimmer. She loves swimming at the school too. I think she would have been content staying there another hour. This was one of the many highlights!! I hope to never forget. I loved it, even the sulfur, salt water.
Thursday: 4/16 Rifle Gap and BBQ
Dad made us ribs and salmon the last night we were there. Matt was out helping and noticed a piece of the house trim was loose so he fixed it for them.

This is the waterfall and I already blogged about that. It was fun going with Danny. It was a good trip and it is good to be home. Lily has her surgery this coming Thursday so pray for her. We hope the tubes help. Thanks again Mom for all the YUMMY food and good company. We love you guys!
4 comments:
What a fun trip! I love all your cute pictures :). Nothin better than family.
What is Lily having surgery for?! Poor thing. I will definitely include her in my prayers.
She's getting ear tubes. She has fluid behind her ear drums that have caused constant infections since the first of January. So the ear tubes keep the fluid drained. We're happy for her to get better and off teh antibiotics. Thank you for including her in your prayers.
Sounds like an AWESOME trip! I'm glad you had a great time. We'll be praying for Lily and that the tubes will help her.
Well I just looked at your Colorado pictures - and I got so homesick - not only for my sister - your mom - but my sweet little granddaughter who was in Slovakia for her first birthday and will be until about Christmas time - I would welcome fingerprints on my windows and I bet that your mom didn't mind either. Looks like you had a lot of fun - I know that you mom enjoyed it. I am home recovering from my surgery - Hope Lily's all better - I'm sure the tubes will help. I had surgery on my right shoulder - so typing is therapy - which I have to start today. Thanks for sharing - I needed the cry. ;-)
Post a Comment