Thursday, March 26, 2009

Third and final fish!!

Tuesday I had my final lesson in preschool. I'm so excited! I just have to go to preschool for the next two weeks and enjoy. I was in charge three times and I'm glad they are over. Each lesson took so much time and planning. It has been such a fun, hard, stressful, fun class and I'm glad it's almost over. My lesson was on fish. We talked about how fish live in water, they eat worms, fish food and small fish, and we can catch and eat fish. So for the activities; I bought earth worms and put them in the sensory table. The kids loved it! Gross huh? They loved playing with the worms. To show that fish eat worms, fish food, and small fish, I made this fish. It had fake worms, fake fish food and small fake fish (they were actually fish bate, Matt cut the hooks out)

For my large group I dressed us in a fishing vest and hat and caught a tilapia fish. It was a little gross but again the kids loved it. I put the real earth worm on the hook and a teacher put the fish on after I "cast" my hook over a flannel board. It was so much fun! And then I dramatized that I was cooking the fish. I poured lemon juice and put salt and pepper on it. It was a fun day and I'm glad it was a success.

This was a matching game of sorts. The preschoolers liked seeing Nemo and Dory.

I found these fish at Kmart thankfully. I had them in the sensory table with the earthworms. Don't worry, they are clean. Tuesday when I got home, Ammon and I gave them a bath with soapy water. This is Ammon and Araya today playing with the fish. I sent them home soaking wet! Angie always tells me how much they love to play in the water and they really do. Today I hid the fish all over the apartment and I made them find them and put them back into the water. They loved it! They played with these fish a good portion of their time here.

They are so smart sorting them out. I love it!! I thought it was so cool how the put them all up on the side like that! Brilliant kids! I love them.

Lily of course had to get in on the fun.

And I can't help but put these two girls up! Lily and Aliva. Aliva is so much fun!! She is a smiley, giggly girl and is incredibly cute. Lily was having fun pushing the swing for her today and Alivia was just laughing.

3 comments:

Becca said...

You are so creative- that activity sounds so much fun! You must have put so much work into it. Hooray for being done!

Rachel said...

Once again, you are amazingly creative. Awesome job!

Katie said...

Oh gosh those kids are hilarious! And baby Alivia is soooo cute! You should try and see if you can keep her, lol. What a good cousin of Lily to push the swing for her too!