Saturday, September 6, 2008

Summer has come and gone

This has been such a fun last week of summer at our house. Everyone is getting ready for school to start on Monday. Wednesday night we had Jessica come and stay with us. She has been my life long buddy and we love seeing her. Thursday my dad and little brother Daniel come and stayed with us. Daniel is getting ready to go to his first year of college. He is really excited and he should be. So Thursday I got to go with my dad and brother to buy his books and get him prepared for school. It was so much fun having my dad here. He took me and Lily to lunch at JB's on Friday and then headed back. Three years ago when I came to BYU-Idaho, my dad took us to JB's. He told us that the first time he went to JB's in Rexburg was when his family was taking my aunt Louise to Ricks college. He was only 16 years old. I guess it is a long family tradition to go to JB's for lunch when we drop the kids of to school. Friday night Matt was home to play with Lily and I was able to go see Jessica's new apartment and go to my roommate reunion. It was so much fun. Our old roommate Kelly was in town. There were four of us that got together. It is always so much fun to see those girls. We had such a good time in Carriage house. I do wish that my roommate Jaime could have been there. She was my room-roommate. We became really close friends. Today is Saturday and next to the last day before school starts. Lily and I went to lunch with Jessica and dinner with Matt, Ryan and Cathy, and Daniel. I love having my family so close. We also went to the store tonight to pick up last minute things for school. Lily got a really cool mobile for her crib and she loves it. She is in there looking at it right now getting ready for bed. I have had such a wonderful summer. It all started with my beautiful new baby girl. I am the luckiest mom in the world.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

shell! i want to read your blog and i want you to read mine. we made ours private so send me an email to cheer004@yahoo.com and i can add you as my friend! we need to hang out more!