Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Storms, Teeth, Potty, Sickness, Summer

I've mentioned before that we have really fun neighbors, Crystal and Dave. They recently got a new water heater and knew that the gigantic box it came it would be a perfect fort for the kids. They LOVE it! It's been a couple weeks and they still play with it often. They got the new shades for summer...already broken ;).

Matt and Lily May 31st...lots of storms
that day. Thankfully no tornados came
our way this year!
We loved watching the clouds after the storm. The sky what beautiful!!
 I made this bread May 29th. It was also a stormy day....I tend to be a stress baker :) Lily's cute tie-dye shirt she made at Pre-K. Love it.


This past year we have been car-sitting and TV-sitting for Matt's school friend while he went to India for an internship. Malai came home May 29th and brought these backpacks for the kids. How thoughtful! Levi has been carrying around his notebooks and they pretend they are going to school together. Thank you Malai!
 Big news at our house!! Lily lost 2 teeth! We went to the dentist June 4th and the tooth fairy came that night. Her bottom teeth were coming in but the baby teeth were hardly loose. The dentist had to help them out. She was so brave and so excited for the tooth fairy to come. Two dollars for two teeth!
I bet you can guess this kid's big news! That's right, more than 5 years of changing diapers, now this mama gets a break for a while. It's only been five days and he is a pro! The Mickey undies are new today. So proud of this big boy! I don't know what I was so worried about. He was ready.



 Unfortunately, we are on day 7 of sickness at our house. Last Wednesday evening Levi's fever started. He had two days of fever, followed by rashes. Lily's fever started Saturday morning. She had two days of fevers and then rashes. It took me til Sunday to realize they have HFMD. Don't judge...I don't know where they got it but it was not fun. It was pretty mild. This is Lily's foot today, it's looking great compared to two days ago. She only had them on her feet, a couple on one hand and none on her mouth. She had a hard time eating so I'm sure there were a couple in her mouth. Poor things. Levi's were mild..a couple on his face, feet and hands...and bum. Lots of deep cleaning and TV watching going on at our house right now. If there is a silver lining, it forced me to potty train Levi.  We have been house bound for a week and that's exactly what we needed!










Other fun things....
Here's some pics of the Wondertorium. Dr. Levi and Lily with her "broken" leg.
 "Here's the mail, it never fails. It makes me want to wag my tail...." Being the mail man makes us sing Blues clues. They have pretend letters and mail boxes all over the museum. He sings the songs while he plays. His Blues Clues love is no joke. It was a sad day when they took it off of Netflix. Levi is excited about his upcoming birthday. He knows that he will be 3 on July 9th.

Saturday, June 1st (day after storms), we went to the drive in movies with a bunch of fantastic people from our ward...planned by Nate and Brandielle Mitchell. So. Much. Fun! We had a hot dog roast before watching"The Croods." Super cute show and good company.

Just for fun :)
Other fun things we've done...s'more making at Crystal and Dave's house. They have an awesome fire pit and the kids love to play over there.

We've also done s'mores on our indoor s'more maker. Can't get enough.

Matt is super duper busy. It's right up there with the busiest he's ever been in our marriage. He should be finishing up his thesis soon, hopefully that will make his load lighter. He'll be heading to Denver at the end of the month for a week long conference.

Danny is doing well. He stays plenty busy with his internship, work, missionary work, and church. It's so fun having him here this summer.

Life is good...busy and ever changing.

3 comments:

Grandma Mitchell said...

I am glad that everyone is starting to feel better. Levi is a big boy now and Lily is such a big girl. They should have alot of fun this summer. I will be glad when Matt is done with his Masters and maybe life will be a little easier for him and you.
Love the pictures of the blog, keep them coming.
Love Grandma M.

Katie said...

Shelley you are so pretty!! I feel like I kind of cursed you with the "stay inside for a week" idea, darn HFMD!! But way to go Levi, and way to go Mom!! Looks like fun times at the Mitchell house this summer, as usual, wish we were closer : ) PS I'm going to have to look up an indoor smore maker, YUMMMMMM!!

Rachel said...

I'm just waiting for the day when the summer sunglasses we bought the kids break. It's bound to happen right? Glad no tornadoes came your way!!