Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lily's 4th Birthday

Last day being 3 (April 20, 2012). Getting ready for her birthday by dressing up like Pinkalicious.


 I think it's safe to say we had a 'Pinkalicious' day. Lily woke up to this cake, cupcakes, a new bike, balloon, two packages from both Grandparents and a ton of phone calls. She really is a special, well loved child.
Mommy said, "Let's make cupcakes! What color do you want?"
"Pink!" I said. "Pink, pink, pink!" (from Pinkalicious)

I was pretty excited to make this cake. After all these years I finally broke down and bought circle cake pans and cake decorating tips. I'm getting so much more professional. Ha ha. In the story there is a part where Pinkalicious is walking through the park and she blends in with the flowers because she is so pink. That is what the scrape book paper base represents. Lily totally got it and was so happy with the cake. 


 I made a vanilla mousse for the middle layer of the cake, and I also stuffed the cupcakes with the mousse. It is pretty yummy... and professional right?


 This picture represents what kind of night sleep Matt got. Poor Levi is sick again! I know, he's been sick so much lately. He had a fever yesterday, so we've kept him on meds. He thew up twice in the night...more fevers, coughs and runny nose. I don't think he has the flu, the throw up was mostly likely from coughing. On the bright side, he is pretty snuggly.
 We were really excited to get Lily a bike for her birthday. She only had that Barbie trike that we got her for her second birthday...and she's pretty big for it now. This will be so great for her to learn to ride and I'm excited to take her for a ride around the lake when she gets better at it.

Grandma and Grandpa LeDosquet sent her a package of princess dress up accessories and this black and blue dress. And the cute outfit she's wearing in the bike picture. They also got her a fun Rapunzel singing card, preschool work books, a coloring book, underwear, and probably something else...hard to keep all this fun straight. We had a fun Skype call with them this morning. P.S. She wore that blue dress all day...because it is her 'Party Dress.'



She got several compliments on her crown


This afternoon we went to the city Art Festival. It was fun to see the art and walk around. We ran into the Hopkins family while we were there. We also went last night and watched a band play. Lily totally lights up when she saw them play. She is convinced she needs to learn to play the guitar.
























Tonight we went to McDonalds for dinner, per Lily's request. They got Happy Meals and were a little crazy. There was a lot of excitement and sugar running thru those little veins of hers. I forgot to mention that she snuck two pink cupcakes out the the fridge while I wasn't in the room. I told her that she really is Pinkalicious because that is exactly what happens in the book...good thing Lily didn't turn pink.

Party time!
Candle flaming while we are singing "Happy Birthday."
Blowing it out.




She did it. It's official, she's 4!


After we ate our cake and ice cream we decided to go share our cupcakes with some friends. Lily and I walked out the door to go deliver some to our super nice neighbors and we found a balloon and a TY stuffed doggy sitting on our porch. It was from our neighbors, who are a married couple working on their masters. They don't have any children and are always so nice to our kids. That little dog has not left her hands very much since. She named it Karsten (because that is the name of the neighbor's dog that gave it to her). I'll post a picture of it later because Lily is sleeping with it right now. We took cupcakes to our downstairs neighbors, Chloe, Jonnie and Abby. Lily was excited to share the excitement of her birthday with her friends. When we got home Levi took some more meds and got ready for bed. Lily and I snuck down to the hot tub to swim. Tonight before she went to bed Matt and Lily played Go Fish and Snap (another gift from my parents). Fun day.

Lily also got to talk to Grandma Mitchell tonight. She sent a purple dress, flower art foam stickers, and underwear. She is excited to wear her purple dress tomorrow for church.

Today Lily talked to both Grandparents (my parents sang two different birthday songs on Skype), Sarah and Bailey sang to her, Jonnie sang to her, Cathy, Jayne and she received all sorts of text messages and FB messages. Like I said, she is one loved girl! Happy birthday my sweet Lily!

5 comments:

Grandma Mitchell said...

What a cute little girl. Sounds like she had a great day. Can't wait to talk to her today.
You're a great Mom for doing all that for her, and she will remember this day for a long time.
Sorry to hear that Levi was sick. Hope he is feeling much better.
Love you guys

Katie said...

She really is SO loved!! And SO SO cute too! You did great on the cake and cupcakes Shelley, impressive! That picture of Matt and Levi is hilarious, Levi has a great little smile : ) Miss y'all!! Tell Lily I love her party dress!

Rachel said...

I've always wondered how you stuff cupcakes. It looks so yummy! Richie was looking at these pictures and was like, "Is that Levi? Holy cow, he grew up! He's almost as big as Lily!" I agree. Both of your kids are growing up too quickly!

Stacie said...

Shelley, your kids are growing so big so fast! Beautiful!

Becca said...

SUPER cute party- and Lily is adorable!!! Emma is in LOVE with pinkalicious too. ;) And I agree with Katie, super impressive cupcakes and cake.