Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Easter




We had a great Easter. Saturday before Easter we went to the Church egg hunt and breakfast. Sunday morning the kids woke up to our egg hunt and found their baskets. I tried to teach Lily that Easter was about how Jesus died for us and was resurrected. One day when we were driving in the car she said, "Why did Jesus die for us?" I explained to her that he died so that we can repent of the wrong things we do and return and live with our Heavenly Father and Jesus again some day. She just said "Oh." I know she believes it. It makes perfect sense to her that we have a Heavenly Father and that we used to live with Him before we were born and that we will be with Him again. I am so lucky to be this girl's mother. I kind of find it too bad that as we grow up, the gospel can seem unclear...or else we sometimes waver in our testimony of the gospel. Thankfully we have such great examples, like Lily, to remind us that the gospel is true and so straight forward. I love my family.

2 comments:

Katie said...

SO CUTE!!! It is pretty amazing how kids can so easily understand the gospel, and accept it without doubt. They have some of the strongest testimonies!

Grandma Mitchell said...

Kids understand a lot more than we give them credit for. They lived with Heavenly Father just a short time ago, to it's easy for them to believe.
You and Matt are doing a great job teaching them.
You have a cute family and I'm proud of all our kids and their familys.