Monday, September 19, 2011

Lily has been really enjoying preschool. She is always so excited to go and loves to tell me all about what she learned. These are pictures from when it was at our house. We learned about B and butterflies. It was perfect because the next day they learned about C and caterpillars. I would say it was a success at our house. Play dough was the major hit. We also played with balloons. I attached tongue depressor sticks to paper plates and then they hit the balloons with them. They also played with dried beans with all sorts of toys that started with B (balls, book, boy, belle, balloon, block, bridge, bow, etc). That was also a hit. Then we made egg carton butterflies and had the hungry caterpillar story. Super fun.


I had to do caterpillars in dirt after I found these caterpillars...they are NOT gummy worms. I was super excited to find gummy caterpillars. So yeah...love preschool.



Lily got to hang out with Matt a few times last week with out me and Levi there. She was out to the research pond with him in the truck picture. Then they went to ice cream another day. That is her favorite Braum's ice cream. It's called Birthday Cake. Don't you love the all natural hair? She gets that from me :)



The weather was super nice around Labor day time. We had a good time living it up outside. We are welcoming any fall type weather we can get.

These are my new running shoes. Jayne and I purchased the same ones and we love them so far.


Levi taken it easy the other night. He's such a little man.

I already mentioned on FB how Matt's bike got stolen. That was a really sad day at our house. I don't want to go into much detail because we are pretty much over the grieving process. We'll get another one I'm sure.

Last Thursday night (9/15) we took Levi to Urgent Care because he was SO cranky. He had been for a few days and I was in denial that he probably had another ear infection. Well...he has a big fat double ear infection..again. I hope this kid grows out of it soon or else we are gonna have to start thinking about ear tubes.

Friday (9/16) was cold and rainy. Love that. I had a pres. meeting in the morning. I came home and got the kids lunch and started to feel so crappy. As soon as Levi went down for his nap I got in my sweats, wrapped up in my jean blanket, put on a kids show for Lily and shivered to sleep for a while. I had a major fever. Thankfully (sorta), Levi napped for 3 hours or so. Lily was so good and just played by herself and wasn't too needy. I literally couldn't get off the couch. Pathetic huh? Matt came home to a disaster area and took care of us. He took Lily to the store, got us dinner and cleaned everything up. Oh man it was crazy. Saturday wasn't much better. I still had fevers when my motrine would wear off. Sunday morning I was up to 103.7. Yikes. Matt was up with me from 4-7 am. We missed church. The Folsom's took our kiddos for us and Matt took me to the doc.

Last night (9/18) Lily had a fever when we checked on her before we went to bed. She also woke up pretty hot this morning. I knew she must have had my same thing so we spent the evening at the doctor with her tonight. She did so awesome. They did a strep test and it wasn't fun but she was so brave. Since it wasn't strep they did a finger prick blood draw. That's just mean for a little kid. She had big tears on that one. The verdict is that she has a viral infection that really won't be cured with antibiotics...however she also has an ear infection so she is on antibiotics for that. I just hope we are done with being sick. Not fun...I really hope Matt doesn't come down with any of this. He's got far to much to do.

Other news...Matt got an iphone. I think we are the last people to get a phone with a data plan. He pretty much couldn't go without a smart phone while he's doing research. He doesn't have interent out by the pond and that was super inconvenient. My phone is still a dumb phone but I don't really need it any smarter.

I've never really been into college football but this town's energy toward football is growing on me. We haven't experienced being at a college with football. I love the school spirit and how this town get so excited on game days. It's super fun.

I'm also getting really excited for the R.S. Broadcast and General Conference. I love this time of year. That's all for now. :)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh man, I want to be in your preschool! That looks like so much fun! As for the sickness, that sounds completely horrible. I hope you're all over it by now.

Grandma Mitchell said...

I love the pictures of Levi just chilling. I love Lily's hair, it is getting so long.
I'm hoping everyone is feeling much better.
Shelley I really love to read your blog, it makes it seem that you are not that far away.
Love ya

Katie said...

Sorry you were so sick!! I can't believe you had a fever that high and didn't explode!! haha jk, anyway, your preschool pics are so awesome! I'm so glad you guys are loving that : ) PS I love Braum's!

Shelley said...

I was wondering if you knew about Braum's Katie. We were wondering if it went that far south or if it was just an OK thing. Yep we love it. I'm not so sure if the ice cream is better than Reed's in IF or G's dairy in Rexburg tho.