Lily woke up this morning around 7am. That is really early for a Sunday morning. We have one o' clock church and love to sleep as long as the kids will allow on Sunday morning. It is still dark at 7:00 in the morning so we tried to convince her that it was still night time. We let her come get in the middle of the bed. She just lay there quietly eyes wide open. I decided it was time for something out of the ordinary. I whispered in her ear "Do you want to go watch the sunshine come up?" She whispered enthusiastically back "Sunshine!" We got out of bed, put on our warm clothes, found the camp chair and blankets and went outside. We sat outside for a good 20 minutes and watched the sunrise. I haven't done that in a really long time. The best part about it was that Lily was so content just sitting there with me. She wasn't asking for milk or to play games. She didn't try to get off my lap to go play in the rocks. We sat there and talked about Halloween and how she was going to be a witch. I told her about trick or treating and how people were going to give her candy. We pointed out the cars as they drove by in the distance. We noticed how the clouds changed from blue to pink. When the sun came up I told her that means it is morning now and night time is over. We went back inside and made some hot chocolate and went and played with her dolls. This weekend we found a Fisher Price Little People doll house at DI for $4. She has Madam Alexander dolls from when I worked at Mickey D's and they go really well in the house. Our family dynamic has certainly changed since Levi has joined our family and I saw that clearly this morning. Lily and I used to spend A LOT of special time together.....just me and her. I have got to make more time like this for her. I'm so thankful that children are so forgiving because I have a lot to learn. Lily is one special little girl and I'm so thankful she brightened my day today.
This has been a harder week for me. We have been unpacking and moving back into our apartment. Even though we got a lot moved back in last weekend I still had a mess to conquer. Things are certainly looking up and I only have 3 boxes left to go through.
Matt loves this little hat on Levi. I took the kids on a good jog twice this week. It's getting colder out there in the mornings so have to bundle the kids up. I really have to push myself hard to run two miles. It sort of feels like torture when I'm doing it...I hope it gets easier. I'm making Matt run a 5K with me Dec 4th in the freezing Rexburg weather. I'm excited. Lily is my little motivator when I'm running. When I'm done running she'll say "What cha doing mom?" I say, "I'm walking, Lil." Lily will say "Do you want jogging?" Also, one day she kept saying "Good jogging Mom!" I love praise from a two-year-old.
Yesterday we went to the U Pick Red Barn in Idaho Falls. We got a few pumpkins and it was pretty fun. Lily was a little tired at this point. We went to a different pumpkin patch last year and I think I like that one better...just for future reference. I think I've mentioned this before but it is impossible to get her to smile for the camera. Hopefully it's a phase.

2 comments:
Haha, I love that last line, too funny. Idaho grew on my too and now I can't get it off!!! I love that story of you and Lily, so sweet. 7 am IS sleeping in, right?? lol
Wow I can't believe how grown up Lily is...I am missing so much. She doesn't even know us. I am so sad! =( You have such a sweet spirit in your family and I am so grateful for your example. I need to learn from your teachings...
We love you and miss you all!
Post a Comment