This is the beginning of a new book. I just received my blog books in the mail and I'm very pleased with them. I am going to print the blog every year around the time of our anniversary. It's like a year book for our family. It has inspired me to make more frequent updates and add more details about the kids and what they are doing. So beware, this blog is more for me than anyone and it could be on the boring side. Here's an update on the kids:
Lily: Her vocabulary increases every day. She always says things that take me by surprise. I try not to let her nap during the day any more because she has been having a hard time going to sleep at night. We put on primary music and she hugs her Minni Mouse doll. She's pretty good about going to bed by herself these days. While Matt was in Wyoming I felt like we conquered bedtime and I'm so thankful. Because she listens to primary music while she's falling asleep she knows several primary songs by heart. Her favorites right now are "I Love to See the Temple" and "A Child's Prayer." Lily is always concerned with her brother. While we are driving and Levi starts to cry she always says "Brother, what's the problem? It's okay." She calls him Levi, Brother and sometimes Son. When he's in his bouncy chair and starts to cry she will find his binky and offer it to him. He usually takes it from her and stops crying. She has learned how to be very soft with him. I'll catch Levi smiling at Lily when she's trying to entertain him. If Lily wakes up before me in the mornings, she will come to the side of my bed and say, "Wake it up Mom." She has so much energy and is always thankful for a new day. She still calls bananas "beyamins" and she calls yogurt "meyerk" Everything else she says is pretty much right on. Lily and I are going to start doing preschool together. I have already done a few lessons with her and she loves it. I hope to get more into it once we are done moving. I love the websites notimeforflashcards.com and everythingpreschool.com. Lily knows her colors, shapes, can count to 16 and more. We are working on letters. I'm honestly not too concerned with her knowing all this stuff, she's just two. It will come but she does have an interest in it so I'm going with it. That's enough about Lily for now, I couldn't ask for a better girl.
Levi: He has discovered his hands as of last week and loves to eat them. We can always make him smile. The first time I heard him laugh was Tuesday night in the bath. He loves to cuddle, sleep on his tummy and eat. Today at the doctor he weighed 15 pounds 5 ounces. His belly button is getting smaller but the doctor told me today that it could get smaller and bigger and take a long while to go away. The temperament of this child has been a big blessing. He isn't a crier. He does like to be held but is okay to be on his own too. He still loves to sleep on my chest like newborns do. It makes it hard for me to want to put him down. Really he just brings so much love into our house.
What have I been up to these days? I'm glad you asked. I have been trying to find balance in my days. I'm finding it difficult to have everything clean, cook, and play with Lily and Levi all in one day. I feel like one day I'm good at one thing and the rest are lacking. I have been working on my cooking skills. I've been looking up recipes and trying new things. Matt liked the chicken pot pie and the chicken with mushrooms we had last night. I have discovered the power of allrecipes.com.
Matt started his new job and is adjusting to life after college. It is a little different for us both not being in school. As far as the job goes; so far so good. We are really excited about it. That's it for now.
4 comments:
LOL, "What have I been up to these days? I'm glad you asked." You are so funny, Shelley! I was wondering what you were up to, haha. Oh and I'm going to need a video of Lily singing primary songs STAT. Or I guess I could wait for Christmas... woo!!
I love allrecipes.com! I use it frequently. :) Good luck with trying out new recipes.
Who did you get your blog books through? Was it hard? Did they also print the comments from each posts? That's a really good idea to print them out. Your family looks so happy, Shelley. :)
I got the blog book from blog2print.com. It was really easy I didn't get the comments but I know you can it just
Costs extra per page so i didn't do it
Post a Comment