This post is really random. I haven't been taking many pictures lately but I hope to change that.
I love having more time on my hands these days. It's nice that I don't have to worry about homework, tests and papers. However, I realize now that I love to learn and keep my mind going. I've been reading a little and I hope to find more books and talks. I read Running With Angels by Pamela H. Hansen last week. Jayne let me borrow it and I really enjoyed reading it. It's about a mother who experienced the death of two children. She also has two children with health problems. She coped by overeating and became morbidly obese. After the death of her last child she decided to change her life style, loses more than 100 pound and runs a marathon. It was so inspiring. It made me really want to go for a good run.
I love having more time on my hands these days. It's nice that I don't have to worry about homework, tests and papers. However, I realize now that I love to learn and keep my mind going. I've been reading a little and I hope to find more books and talks. I read Running With Angels by Pamela H. Hansen last week. Jayne let me borrow it and I really enjoyed reading it. It's about a mother who experienced the death of two children. She also has two children with health problems. She coped by overeating and became morbidly obese. After the death of her last child she decided to change her life style, loses more than 100 pound and runs a marathon. It was so inspiring. It made me really want to go for a good run.

Matt and I are hooked on The Biggest Loser. I had never seen it until a few weeks ago. The last episode is this week and I'm so excited. The show is so motivating and I am genuinely happy for these people who were seriously obese. They have changed their lifestyle and seem so happy. The show also makes me want to go for a good run. Maybe in a few months...Bananas "n" Cream Bundt Cake
1/3 C. Shortening
1 1/4 C. Sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cup mashed bananas
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup sour cream
Cream shortening and sugar together. Add eggs, on at a time, beating well after each. Blend in vanilla. Add bananas and mix well. Combine dry ingredients. Add alternately with sour cream, stirring until just combined. Pour into greased bundt pan. Bake 325 for 50 min or until tests done. Cool 10 min before removing from pan. Super moist.
I used bananas from my freezer and it worked great. I think that baking could be my favorite hobby. I have also mastered Oatmeal Raisin cookies. Matt and I both agreed that I need to find some hobbies that don't make us into blimps.
We're getting really excited for our baby to come in July. 32 weeks down, 8 or less to go. This pregnancy has been so great. I blame it on better eating, exercising and luck. :) More to come later.
5 comments:
That book sounds so sad!! You do so much fun stuff with Lily, you are brave. I need to paint with Raleigh but I am too afraid of the mess, lol. And she is so smart! Do you practice the alphabet with her a lot? I am surprised she knows all that already.
I want to read that book! And lily looks like she is having so much fun painting. Thanks for the idea. Makenna's favorite thing is play dough.
Thanks for the good book reference. I just finished mine and am looking for a new good one to read. I also can't believe how smart Lily is!! Wow! We're excited to play tomorrow!
Shelley you are such a great mom. I was never that good when I just had Araya and am definitely not that good now that we have three going on four. You are a true example of what a GREAT mother is. Thanks for your love and devotion to that little girl we love so much and to my little (who is not so little anymore) brother.
I love the biggest loser! I even bought the biggest loser dvd with a bunch of workouts..sadly I stopped after 2 days..it's hard!
Post a Comment