Thursday, August 28, 2008

Lily's very first camping trip

We are so adventurous!! August 16th and 17th we went camping for the first time with baby Lily. It was quite the experience. I am so thankful that we had a camper with running water, toilet and bed. It even has a fairly nice rocking chair. I don't think Lily knew what to think about camping. We went with my brother Ryan and his wife Cathy. Ryan said to Lily ,"You can't be a Mitchell if you don't like camping." I'm sure she is going to like it much better next year. I think the highlight of the trip for me was four wheeling. I didn't do much four wheeling growing up. Actually, the first time I went was right before Matt and I got married. The next day I was so sore from hanging on to him so tight. This time, after two years of being exposed to four wheeling, I drove by myself. Well Matt was on the back telling me when to shift. I really enjoyed it though. It's not as scary when I'm driving.


Matt is such a great camper! He made every meal for us. His dutch over chicken and potatoes were so so good. He also made a terrific breakfast. In the picture on the left, he was getting back from exploring in the woods. I'm telling you, if I were to be lost in the wilderness with anyone, I would want it to be Matt. He's a handy guy to have around!


No comments: