Tonight I get new running shoes. I've been looking at new shoes for a couple weeks now and I think I'm ready to make a decision on Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12. I enjoyed the barefoot running but I don't think I could do the half marathon without some padding in my shoes. It hurt too much last time. Running 9 miles tomorrow...that will make 22 this week.
I'm getting stressed about the upcoming tornado season. I think Matt is going to help me put together tornado grab and go bags. I want new toys for the kids, books, food, water, flash lights, diapers, clothes. I think I'm going to get a sleeping bag for Levi. The thing that worries me is that a warning will come while Matt is at school and I'll have to get to the college without Matt's help. I'll have to be able to grab both kids and carry all our stuff to camp out in the shelter. I'm not prepared yet and it worries me. Talking to people around here it seems like there is at least once a year they have to go to their shelters. That is one thing I hate about living here. We are on the second floor in an apartment that would probably blow away if there was a strong wind. Yeah...worried.
Lily is begging me to take her to the park to fly a kite today...I have loads of laundry to fold and put away. It's only supposed to be 55 today. I'll probably take them to the park anyway. We are going to have a good day. I'm gonna hug my babies extra tight.
2 comments:
I'm real proud of you for sticking with your running. Just remember you can do anything you set your mind to.
One more thought on your grab and go bags. Could you already have them in the car, so all you have to pick up is the kids? Just a thought. I need to do something for Dad and I, in case of an earthquake or something else.
You guys will figure it out.
Love, you
Post a Comment