I don't know what it is about January and February but updating the blog is one of the very last things on my priority list. Here's an attempt to update. Pictures to come later.
I am on a quest to find balance in my life. Really. I set all these New years goals, some of which I have done really well with. I'm wondering if I set too many because I feel kind of overwhelmed by them. I don't like letting myself down on my goals. For example when I have a weight loss goal and I gain weight...that really bugs me. It makes me feel like I've failed myself. I'm not just talking about weight loss...Matt and I had other goals to have FHE every Monday night. We have missed the past two weeks. I'm sure we'll pick it back up this Monday. Or scripture study...gotta do better at that. A big thing for me right now is getting back on a healthier diet for our family. I'm not thinking anything drastically different...just a few more veggies or something. Anyway, balance. It can be tricky when I so many things that I need to do and other things I want to do. I'm thinking about taking Facebook out of the equation. I don't think I'm an addict but I certainly check it several times a day. There has good to be a better limit there for me. I'm thinking my kids could use the time and attention I spend seeing what my "friends" are up to.
Besides finding balance I've been working out more. I'm training for another half marathon on April 7th. I'm so thankful that my friend found this race because I was having a hard time getting the motivation to get running again after the holidays. And as a result I didn't feel as good. When I'm running I have something to look forward to during the day. My body says "thank you so much for running, I really needed it." I'm in love with it! I'm going to try and run every other day and do Yoga on my off days.
We had a really great Valentines day at our house. I had a great time making Lily and Levi's Valentines to pass out to their friends and teachers. Lily took hers to preschool on Tuesday and Levi gave them to his nursery teachers. I found the idea on Katie's blog where you sew two wax paper hearts together and stuff them with M&Ms. Valentines morning, Lily woke up to a treasure hunt. She loved following the hearts to find her surprise Cinderella doll. Levi got some new hot wheels cars. Lily had a blast at preschool. The kids exchanged Valentines and it was a big deal for her. We made a fun Valentine for Matt. It was a heart with lindor's chocolates all over it. Yum. He was so kind to share it with him. Matt let me pick out my own Valentines gift. I got Jillian's yoga meltdown and a yoga mat. I kind of set him up for failure on Valentines day. I hinted that I didn't want flowers because they die and cost too much $. Or chocolates for that matter. Anyway, the kids and I left the valentine on his desk at school, along with a cute card Lily made for him at preschool. We cleaned the house super well and had a yummy dinner waiting for him. It was roast, potatoes, carrots and chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert. Yum. Matt let me go run that night and then we went to the hot tub. Good day :)
Matt has been busy at school. He's been trying to make ice with his research project. We had a cold week and it just wasn't enough. Along with school, tests and research he got put in as Elder Quorum President at the first of January. I'm sure he'll do great. He was able to go to Chicago at the end of January. I think he had a good time at his conference and we survived five days without him. He is considering doing a PHD program...which would be great for him. If that is the case...we have options like do we stay here in OK, or move to a different school? One thing is for sure...we will be moving to a bigger place as soon as our contract if up in July if we are staying here for 4 more years. And we will be bringing all the rest of the stuff we left in Idaho to OK. We are outgrowing this apartment. I could go on and on about that topic....moving on.
Lily is in love with her dad. Last week she was so sad ever day when he left for school. She tells him "Dad, I really like you home." She talks about him often during the day. She helps me so much during the day and is playing nicer with Levi. Her job is to fold the rags and dish towels when I'm doing laundry and she does it happily. She's loving preschool. Her latest thing is learning how to add. She'll say "What is 2 + 3?" Then she'll hold up her fingers, count and come up with the correct answer. She is so excited about upcoming events (Grandma coming, Easter, birthdays). We made a 3 month calendar so we can count down the days. She has been dranging that calendar around everywhere. Love love her!
Levi is talking a little more...not too much more. I've been putting off taking him to the doctor because I hate the Waren clinic. Just a bad experience last time...I hope. He knows his ABC's, at least recognizing the letters. He can say about half of them. He's so good at our alphabet town game. He is getting his last eye tooth and then we are done with teething for a while. It's kind of rough on him. His favorite show is Super Why. He loves ring around the rosies and playing at the park. He's getting better at nursery on Sunday's. A few times, the teachers come and get me and tell me that he's done for the day. Which means that I have to wrestle him for the last 20 minutes of church. Church is kind of terrible with him. He is in constant motion and is super hard to handle. But..he is so sweet and great. My favorite is that when I say "Levi, give me a kiss!" he leans in and gives me the biggest lip kisses ever. Love it! So yeah...love that kid. Gotta get back to work :)
No comments:
Post a Comment