Sunday, December 4, 2011

I Love December

Lily loves to color/draw with markers, crayons, paint, pens, pencils and anything else. Daily I hear "Mom, I need to paint!" She NEEDS to. :) In this picture she was using markers and she begged me to take a picture of her hand. She was proud of the smile face she drew on her hand. I love that she is drawing people and actual things. I'll take pictures of her pictures and post.


Yesterday was the game we've been so excited for. The entire town is so happy that the Cowboys beat OU. :)
We all wore our black and orange yesterday.
When we were getting ready to go swimming last night I come out into the living room and found Lily at the computer just watching the picture screen saver. She was waiting patiently for us go get ready so we could go to the hot tub. We flat ironed her hair yesterday for fun. It's fun to see how long it is getting.

This little man is kind of a stinker. How do you teach an almost 17 month old to sit still for 5 minutes? Longer than 5 minutes would be even better. Church is really hard for him...and I'm sure he will be a little challenge for the nursery leaders. I just don't imagine that he will sit very well during a lesson or music time. I guess we'll see. He is starting to say more things like...cookie, socks, shoes, mommy, dad, bless you, thank you...and more.
Here's the finished stockings. The two I just finished on Thursday took me half the day. I started at 8:30am. We took a break from 10-11:30 to go to playgroup at the Topham's (which was super fun) and then I got back to work after we had lunch and Levi went down for his name. I finished around 3pm. So that was about 4.5 hours. I like sewing...I like to do my own thing. I don't really follow patterns and I am certainly not a perfectionist when it comes to sewing. I don't own a cutting board...I just had my scissors. I ripped the fabric into strips. All the strips are different sizes because I didn't measure or anything. That being said...I think they turned out pretty good. Just don't look too close.

Thursday we also went to the Stillwater Christmas parade with friends Edwin and Caitlin Lee. They have two super cute boys that are the same ages as our kiddos. The parade was pretty cute. Levi was a complete stinker but Lily loved it. Her favorite was the high school marching band and Santa at the end. I'm so glad we went to that parade. I hope it's a good memory for Lily.

Other fun things...yesterday we made sugar cookies and ate lots of sugar cookies. Friday night Matt helped a family move. We got to go out to ice cream after with some friends. We don't have any major plans this week...other than eating more salad and hitting the gym a lot more :) This holiday goodies mind set has got to go!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Church is so hard with Levi's age. Most things are hard, but church especially. But one more month and he can go to nursery! Wahoo!

Grandma Mitchell said...

I love the stockings. They are adorable. Things don't have to be prefect, as long as you like them. I have a extra cutting board if you would like it. Just let me know.
Lily is getting to be so grown up. Don't worry Levi will be able to set down when he gets a little older. He'll probably do fine in nursery. Just hang in there.
Love you guys

The Currs said...

Shelley - I think I've said this before - you are such an awesome mom! You do the cutest things with your adorable kids! I just love reading your blog!!! You totally inspire me :)