We are excited for Thanksgiving tomorrow. We have been invited to Thanksgiving at the Bartholomew's. It should be great! I'm still excited to make a few of our Thanksgiving favorites so we can have leftovers. :) I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Simple Blessings of My Day
Yesterday I woke up to Matt making breakfast...this isn't unusual. I don't love waking up and he is so nice! After we kissed him goodbye, Lily and I cleaned up breakfast and did a few other chores. We brought the toy kitchen into the living room so we could play with it all together in a bigger space. Around 11 we had a fun play date with Courtney and Chloe. Next we whipped up some cookies and surprised Matt at school. We came home, played and I put on a show for the kids so I could read a few chapters in "The Huger Games." We made dinner, Matt got home, ate dinner, cleaned up dinner and Matt went back to school. He thought he forgot his keys so he came home and we went swimming in the hot tub instead. We came home, bathed the kids and got them in bed by 7:15. Matt hit the books and I headed to the gym. I was able to run 6 miles in less than an hour. It felt so good! I was home in time to see "The Biggest Loser" elimination. I folded laundry while watching another hour of T.V. and got to hang out with Matt. Went to bed and I read some more of my book. I felt like this was a really good day for us. There was lots of love for the kids, the house was pretty clean and I got my exercise. Not to mention the fun of the hot tub, cookies, biggest loser and hunger games. We do have days like this a lot and I am so thankful! I think I forget to look back on happy, fantastic days with gratitude for the simple blessings I've been given in the small moments. I am so thankful for my terrific husband and awesome children! I don't think I could be more blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have found that simple things are our biggest blessings. We just got back from Tamie's, it was great. We need to count
our blessings every single day, and there are many of them, if we only stop and think about them.
We are so blessed to have great kids and their families. We love all of you very much.
Love, Mom and Dad
Man, that day sounds amazing! Isn't is crazy how your definition of a great day changes once you are married with kids. That day does sound fantastic though.
Post a Comment