Thursday, April 28, 2011

And She's THREE! Tangled Party!

Naturally we celebrated this birthday with a Tangled birthday party. This was the invitation. It says: Come get Tangled in fun at a birthday party for Lily Mitchell. It's Rapunzel's hair coming out a window...get it? We sent one to my mom in Colorado and Sarah in WA. Lily truly helped me make every invitation and loved it. I got the idea from here.
Here she is! All day she kept saying "Happy Birthday for me!" She got several phone calls from my family which made her feel so special. I don't think the smiles stopped all day. She woke up to the living room full of balloons, most of the decorations up and a pascal party blower and her presents on the table. Oh boy she was excited and we have video to prove it. That morning Matt and I had dentist appointments. We picked up a few last minute things like the yellow helium balloons that represented the floating lanterns from the movie Tangled.
This is the tower that we built. We actually made when the movie came out in March just for fun. It was perfect for our party decorations.
Two party animals right here. Levi slept through the first part of the party and woke up with awesome bed head.
The food and decor was so fun for me. I get most of my ideas from here. The Jello boats are for the boat scene in the movie where they watch the floating lanterns.
The tower cake was the funnest to make and Lily totally got it. It is from this site.
All the yummy food. Look close at the cookies in the back, they are in a frying pan. I didn't get a closer picture of them. Rapunzel bakes cookies and pies while she's passing time in her tower.
Lily could not get enough of the Pascal party blower. The template is at this site.

Pin the hair on Rapunzel. My sister Sarah gave us the idea. It was a short game and we didn't blind fold. The audience was a little young for organized games. They were good with just playing with balloons, toys and bubbles :)



Yum!

She got SPOILED from everyone. I have a bazillion pictures of her opening presents and I would show them all but I picked just this one. She got a Rapunzel dress from my mom. She was so excited and wanted to put it on right away. It was so cute and everyone laughed at how cute she was. She got a little upset that we were laughing. But of course we put it on right away. She spent the next two days wearing that dress. She got so many other fun things from our friends and family. Lucky girl!

Later that night we had another birthday party with Matt's family. We ate cake, opened more presents from Grandma and Tamie.
This is one happy girl! She is so proud of the fact that she is now THREE!
Here's the party favor. I got the idea here
Of course when I found out that floating lanterns are actually real and not just something Disney made up to make a spectacular story, I had to get them. We bought three because she is three from this dealer. We didn't actually get to do it on her birthday due to the weather. This was Saturday night. It was a little breezy and cold so it didn't fly very well. We still have the other two and will try again when the weather is better. She still LOVED it. All and all this was quite the day for this special girl. I can't believe how fast she is growing.

6 comments:

Kent and Krista Stevenson said...

I can't believe Lily is 3!!! So cute and great party idea. I might have to steal some of your ideas for my niece who is turning 4 next month. :)

Katie said...

I love this post!! She looks so happy, what a fun party! And those lanterns look awesome, that is so magical! I bet she'll remember that party for a loooong time. PS Levi is so stinkin' adorable!

Jayne said...

It looked so good Shell! Man, I wish I could have been there. Love you!

Grandma Mitchell said...

This was such a fun day for Lily, I'm glad I got to come the the parties. Just the look on her face when she got the dress, made the whole day for her.
Shelley put a lot of thought in making this day a very special day for Lily.
We sure love you!
Love Grandma Mitchell

Rachel said...

I'm with Katie, I'm thinking she's going to remember that special day! You guys made it so memorable and she was so happy!

Becca said...

what fun!!! LOVE IT!