Thursday, March 17, 2011

New Hair Doo/ Random Moments

BeforeAfter

Boo hoo! He's getting so big and it was hard cutting his hair. Levi is 8 months now. I didn't weigh him but I assume he is around 23 pounds. He's such a happy little guy. He loves that he can get around and go wherever he wants. His crawling is fast! Keeping up with him is starting to be more of a challenge. When I say "Levi, come here." He turns around and crawls to me with a huge smile on his face. We cut his hair today for the first time. I'm sure I won't spike it like this all the time, I'm still figuring out how to style it. He didn't love getting his hair cut. In fact he pretty much hated it.

Lily is really into princesses. She has a little house and we play with princess figures. Of course Levi has to play too. We always have him play Belle. Lily always say, "Belle says 'Waab, Waab'" When Levi plays with us he always says "Waab," so of course that is the only thing Belle can say. Anyway, Belle says "Waab, Waab."

The two car seats are side by side in the car. Lily loves to touch/bother Levi. Sometimes I think she's just trying to make him laugh. Today I said "Lily, leave him alone." She said "I'm just having fun with Levi." Bah.

Our family really loves the movie Megamind! If you haven't seen it just go buy it. Lily has the entire movie memorized. She quotes it all the time "Minion, you were right...I was less right." She does it perfectly and we crack up. We also got Bambi from Matt's mom. Lily always says "Eating greens is a special treat, it makes long ears and great big feet. But it sure is awful stuff to eat." She has Thumper down too.

She knows her birthday is April 21st. Right now she prefers going to sleep on her floor. Does that mean her bed isn't comfortable? She's going to need a twin bed before too long. She's been potty trained since November but now she prefers going in the 'Princess potty' which is really just the toilet. So happy with her change of heart. It's so nice not having to wash out that little potty every time.

I am now one of the nursery leaders in the ward. I was nervous about it because I'm Lily's mom. It is actually going really pretty well. Lily is such a good girl even with me in there. She LOVES to sing!!! She is by far the best/only singer in nursery. She knows every song by heart and puts all her effort into the actions.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Aww, love the spiky hair lol! What a cutie : ) That's funny about Lily sleeping on the floor, hm... Steve likes to sleep on the floor sometimes because he's a crazy person, but I'm pretty sure Lily's not a crazy person, haha.

Rachel said...

OH! So grown up Levi!! I don't know any babies as smiley and well-behaved as Levi. Oh please let our #2 be like Levi!!! I'm so excited for you guys for Oklahoma, but I'm still sad about how soon it's coming up. I guess this day had to come. We all have to be grown-ups and do grown-up things sometimes.... I don't know if I like it. :)

Kent and Krista Stevenson said...

So cute! You actually look really good in levi's "after" picture too! Are you guys excited to move? It will be an adventure! Lily it so funny. She says the silliest things and I wish I could see her all grown up. I miss my Rexburg friends. :(